Req Add another division level for music under "Genres"
When browsing music by "Genres", is it possible to add another level of division "By Artist" and only after selecting an artist, display the albums list? Currently when you select a genre, you get a flat list of albums.

This is the standard behavior in most music players, including the built in iOS music player.

Thanks.
Instead of adding a new level, I was thinking about adding the capability to browse genres both by album and by artist. So when you will be able to browse the artist's genres, you will have your feature request.
(2013-04-30, 12:18)joethefox Wrote: Instead of adding a new level, I was thinking about adding the capability to browse genres both by album and by artist. So when you will be able to browse the artist's genres, you will have your feature request.

Just want to clarify we are talking about the same thing -

The user scenario in the built in iOS music player is:

1. Click on the "genres" icon
  2. Get a list of genres
  3. Select a genre
  4. Get a list of artists
  5. Select an artist
  6. Get a list of albums (at this point I may choose to play all albums by this artist)
  7. Play a specific album

Personally, I use this scenario a lot. I guess it is common, especially when the music library is huge with many artists having multiple albums.

Will this be possible with the new capability you are implementing?
Yes, will be exactly as you have described: just I don't want to modify the current "genres" section due the fact that is what I use Big Grin
(2013-04-30, 12:50)joethefox Wrote: Yes, will be exactly as you have described: just I don't want to modify the current "genres" section due the fact that is what I use Big Grin

But will I be able to access it from icon on the tab bar, where the current "Genres" icon is?
I don't know, it's too early to define this. The final idea is to move the sub-sections (albums, artists, genres, files, etc.. etc..) directly in the main menu,but that's another story.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add another division level for music under "Genres"0