Win Frodo 12.1 / Synology / Very slow common SQL
Been relatively happy with xbmc... I had Eden running on about 4 machines in the home, all on a shared sql server running off my NAS. It was great, stop a show, go upstairs, continue where you left off....

Now with 12.1 - Frodo running on the main machine, I thought it time to centralise the database again. So I used the guide at http://www.robvanhamersveld.nl/2013/02/0...other-nas/ and it all works...

However my boot times on xbmc 12.1 under windows is incredible slow. I have 2500 movies and lots of tv shows. It now takes 5 minutes to boot, from the time I cliick on XBMC, until the menu is displayed... I just get the black start up screen for aeon nox snd it sits waiting for just over 5 minutes.

It never used to take this long on eden.

I have applied the line skip-name-resolve to my.cnf on the synology has - made no difference.

The doco suggests that I dont have to do the new indexes on the database if I am running Frodo...

I am loosing the Wife and Kid Acceptance Factor very quickly here - what do I do ? Its running on a gigabit network and used to perform well on eden...

Confused as to what to try before I move the database back to being local and loosing the required functionality

Thanks
debug log (wiki) needed from one of your machines.
So I have part of the logfile here.... I cant see anything out of the ordinary... If the logfile is linear in nature... My dealy appears to be after the SQL server queries, and the queries appear to be respectable 2ms 30ms even the 3000ms is liveable - considering I have thousands of tv shows....

What is strange to me - after turning debug mode on, and running this - the logfile shows an entries for;

17:24:13 T:2692 DEBUG: CMusicDatabase::GetAlbumsByWhere query: SELECT albumview.* FROM albumview WHERE albumview.strAlbum <> ''
17:24:13 T:2692 DEBUG: CMusicDatabase::GetAlbumsByWhere - query took 1 ms
17:24:13 T:2692 DEBUG: Skin Widgets: Total time needed to request recent items queries: 0:00:03.423000
17:24:13 T:2692 DEBUG: Skin Widgets: Total time needed for all queries: 0:00:09.239000
17:29:05 T:1796 DEBUG: Thread CRemoteControl 1796 terminating
17:29:56 T:440 DEBUG: ADDON: Starting service addons.
17:29:56 T:776 NOTICE: Thread CVideoInfoScanner start, auto delete: false
17:29:56 T:440 INFO: initializing python engine.
17:29:56 T:440 DEBUG: new python thread created. id=6
17:29:56 T:440 NOTICE: initialize done

What happened - between minutes 24 and 29 - thats where my 5 minutes went - but nothing in the log !!!??

A larger logfile is listed in the hope SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP (I did remove some lines - which basically listed all the tv shows - it was too long!)

<EDIT: log removed, read forum rules>
Repost your logfile to xbmclogs.com or pastebin.com please.
Logfile is at

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=15747
Looks like it's an issue with the Skin Widgets add-on used by a lot of skins. I've seen reported by some other people, too. Will poke some people about it and see what can be found out.
I thought something similar - as it hangs on the xbmc V12.1 'Frodo' spash screen, and waits about 5 minutes before the aeon nox screen is displayed, The busy circle icon appears for less than 2 seconds, and I am in and its started to scan directories etc.

I have tried other skins - confluence - same result, nothing different.

I have also just upgraded to 12.2 - same result, nothing different.
It's still using skin widgets even if you switch to another skin.
Ok not knowing the internals... guessing I am always going to need to use skin widgets! If its that - is there anything I can do ? Never used to happen.... how do I fix it ?
You can uninstall it from the add-on settings if the skin doesn't use it for the time being. XBMC currently doesn't clean up services like skin widgets when it switches back to a skin that doesn't need it (solutions to this are being explored, though). For the long run, hopefully it gets fixed, either in Skin Widgets, or where ever it is actually broken.
So I disabled the Skin Widget - unfortunately it makes no difference - it still hangs.

I turned off scanning for new shows on startup - problem solved, it starts up normally !!!

However, if I manually do a scan, after its all working - thats when it hangs for 5 minutes.... So its either the scanning of the directory or reading of the sql server (they are on different machines presently)... I dont think its the sql server, as if there is no scan on startup, I can look at my list of tv shows and get info about them almost immediately - so its connecting and retrieving info the sql in a good time frame...

The scanning was never a problem in the past - so not sure why now... I suppose I will try a fresh install and see what happens.
In mi instalation, if I do a manual update of mysql database, it hangs 1-2 minutes or so. But if I do a "scan for new content" in a folder the update begins inmediatly.
Can you post fresh debug logs (wiki) now that the Skin Widgets add-on is disabled?
i have similar issue with xbmc database hosted on synology ds410 mysql

when selecting a tv episode, the interface my hang for up to 5 minutes.

i posted the log on
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=19765

posted another delay here
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=19766

i already added skip resolve host in my.cnf and created index for videos database on mysql.
Partial log files are almost completely useless. Please upload a debug log (wiki) (you can always say on which line the issue seems to occur)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo 12.1 / Synology / Very slow common SQL0