No sound over HDMI - AT5ION-T Ubuntu 13.04
Hello,

This evening I've been following this very guide on installing XBMC on a minimal Ubuntu installation. This I've done on an Ubuntu 13.04 Minimal installation. All was good until I could not get the audio to work. I have been able to make it work over analoge to 3mm stereo jack output, so I know the audio is there. Though, this is not a solution I want to use, I need the audio to go over HDMI.

I have tried almost all guides I've been able to find with no success, including the two mentioned in the guide.

I have assured myself that there's no muted devices in alsamixer, on all the available cards. And the output from aplay -l looks like this.
Quote:**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC887 Analog [ALC887 Analog]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: ALC887 Digital [ALC887 Digital]
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]

Wich after what I can see, is quite correct. Still, in XBMC there's no option for using a NVidia-device for audio output, only HDA Intel ALC887 Analog.

To me it seems like the issue is XBMC not finding the audio-device - could this be correct?

I am truly grateful for all help I can get on this issue!
- JoMs
Check your nvidia driver. 310 series does not make a single sound on ION-1 if you are unlucky. You have to use 304.xy on that one.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2013-04-30, 23:49)fritsch Wrote: Check your nvidia driver. 310 series does not make a single sound on ION-1 if you are unlucky. You have to use 304.xy on that one.
I am using the 313 iirc, I'll try the 304 first thing tomorrow!
Thanks!
Seems the driver was the problem! Thanks a lot!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No sound over HDMI - AT5ION-T Ubuntu 13.040