playSFX I can't get it to work from the shell
Hi folks, maybe someone can help, I tried the playSFX() command from the shell in so many variations, but there is never any sound playing.

Maybe it's a syntax problem?

Code:
xbmc-send -a "playSFX(/storage/.xbmc/sounds/slip.wav)"

I also tried the .wav files from the skins, so the problem cannot be with the files.

things like
Code:
xbmc-send --a "PlayMedia(/storage/music/playlists/radio.pls)"
work absolutely fine, I just don't get it why playSFX doesn't work...

Any help would be very much appreciated!

System: XBMC 12.1 (Openelec 3.0.1)
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Examine your debug log (wiki) after running this to see why it failed.
Here the lines from the log:

Quote:20:45:42 T:3016907264 ERROR: Keymapping error: no such action 'playsfx(/storage/.xbmc/sounds/slip.wav)' defined
20:46:33 T:3016907264 ERROR: Keymapping error: no such action 'playsfx(/storage/.xbmc/sounds/screenshot.wav)' defined

The second (ending in screenshot.wav) I tried to trigger with xbmc-send --action="playSFX(/storage/.xbmc/sounds/screenshot.wav). Seems like the same error...

Do I need to call playSFX from a python script?
(2013-05-01, 20:52)smartfön Wrote: Here the lines from the log:

Quote:20:45:42 T:3016907264 ERROR: Keymapping error: no such action 'playsfx(/storage/.xbmc/sounds/slip.wav)' defined
20:46:33 T:3016907264 ERROR: Keymapping error: no such action 'playsfx(/storage/.xbmc/sounds/screenshot.wav)' defined

The second (ending in screenshot.wav) I tried to trigger with xbmc-send --action="playSFX(/storage/.xbmc/sounds/screenshot.wav). Seems like the same error...

Do I need to call playSFX from a python script?

playSFX is part of the python xbmc module. I believe it will only work from python.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
playSFX I can't get it to work from the shell0