OS X Audio issue!!!
I dont know which of the two applications it is but the apple tv i am streaming too via Airparrot will play the audio from anything BUT something from xbmc (in which it uses the speakers from my mac). would anyone have any idea how to fix this?!

thank you in advance
Make sure you're using XBMC v12.1 and set your audio device to system default (In XBMC: Settings -> System -> Audio output), and then it will use the same audio device that everything else uses when you set it in OS X.
Did that and now it works up until the point that i start watching a video or anything like that then automatically switches to internal speakers and even then wont play out of my computer now... any more suggestions you think might fix the problem?
I have mucked around a little with Airparrot and have seen this happen, completely in absence of XBMC eg. using VLC. Usually fixed it by restarting Airparrot or apple tv. Sometimes the function of Airparrot in which you select the app rather than mirroring the screen works better. Trial and error really.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio issue!!!1