Video playlist - "pause" between items
Hi,

recently installed and configured xbmc on a raspberry pi, when playing a list of videos I get a pause between two items in the list, with a short return to Linux tty console from which I manually launched xbmc. This pause lasts for a second or two, then the omxplayer begins playing the next item normally.

Is there any way of avoiding this unpleasant effect (force prefetching for example ... ) or at least force xbmc default background to stay for the time the system loads the next content item?

Many thanks
Marco
(2013-05-02, 13:17)mbarcellona Wrote: Hi,

recently installed and configured xbmc on a raspberry pi, when playing a list of videos I get a pause between two items in the list, with a short return to Linux tty console from which I manually launched xbmc. This pause lasts for a second or two, then the omxplayer begins playing the next item normally.

Is there any way of avoiding this unpleasant effect (force prefetching for example ... ) or at least force xbmc default background to stay for the time the system loads the next content item?

Many thanks
Marco

Whats your OS and build and how do you start the list? I can't see a terminal but sometimes the default background, on both RaspBMC and OpenELEC.
I'm guessing @mbarcellona is not using a distribution and has just installed a deb file. That's why he's got a problem.

You need to remove the console when launching xbmc. You could try something like:
tvservice -o && tvservice -p && <xbmc launch command> && fbset -depth 8 && fbset -depth 16

which should kill the console which X is running.
Hi guys,

very interesting replies indeed. I actually got xbmc running on a wheezy flavor of Debian using apt-get.

My doubt at this stage is that I'm invoking xbmc from console right after login, without starting X server at all.

I'll play with the commands in popcornmix's post and let you know if the odd effect disappears.

Many thanks
M
Hi,

I confirm that, by launching xbmc from X environment, the linux console is not visible during the transition from a media content item to the next. By setting the background to some - say - similar color w.r.t. application skin, the transition effect is minimized and perfectly acceptable

Thanks for your suggestions
/M

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playlist - "pause" between items0