Release Xperience1080: German Channel Logos / Deutsche Senderlogos
(2015-07-01, 23:10)Dumyat Wrote:
(2015-06-30, 18:54)Piers Wrote: PS: These icons should be square, they'd look a lot better.

Square or bar......I guess it's always going to come down to the personal preference of the user. For me personally, it's always going to the bar type logos. I honestly don't see the point in showing the channel name as well as the logo, when the channel logo does the same job for both. That being said, I completely accept what one user likes and wants to see on their screen, the next user may not.

Piers, I came across the old 1080XF MB3 skin quite by chance and whilst it is now clearly dysfunctional to use in Isengard, I could see that the original skin settings did have an option to show just the channel logo in the EPG, which was ideal for the bar type logos I'm using on my system.
I know you were rigid in your thoughts on the subject when I asked about it recently, but I was wondering if you could advise how easy/difficult it might be for me to use any of the existing 1080XF MB3 code to facilitate such an option in your skin? Ideally, I'm looking to show channel number / logo.

Cheers

Original skin settings? Xperience1080 has the original skin settings. A rectangle or square doesn't really matter - the skin will resize the icons (scaled). However, they should be square to get the best out of the EPG. I'm also not sure why you posted hideous icons for some UK channels.

Here is an example of a pack I made a while ago for UK channels

It's a pretty simple change, add the option in either skin settings or as part of the epg context menu. Then adjust the channel layout to suit. Another example of this can be seen in my latest mod (see signature).
(2015-07-07, 14:26)im85288 Wrote:
(2015-07-01, 23:10)Dumyat Wrote:
(2015-06-30, 18:54)Piers Wrote: PS: These icons should be square, they'd look a lot better.

Square or bar......I guess it's always going to come down to the personal preference of the user. For me personally, it's always going to the bar type logos. I honestly don't see the point in showing the channel name as well as the logo, when the channel logo does the same job for both. That being said, I completely accept what one user likes and wants to see on their screen, the next user may not.

Piers, I came across the old 1080XF MB3 skin quite by chance and whilst it is now clearly dysfunctional to use in Isengard, I could see that the original skin settings did have an option to show just the channel logo in the EPG, which was ideal for the bar type logos I'm using on my system.
I know you were rigid in your thoughts on the subject when I asked about it recently, but I was wondering if you could advise how easy/difficult it might be for me to use any of the existing 1080XF MB3 code to facilitate such an option in your skin? Ideally, I'm looking to show channel number / logo.

Cheers

Original skin settings? Xperience1080 has the original skin settings. A rectangle or square doesn't really matter - the skin will resize the icons (scaled). However, they should be square to get the best out of the EPG. I'm also not sure why you posted hideous icons for some UK channels.

Here is an example of a pack I made a while ago for UK channels

It's a pretty simple change, add the option in either skin settings or as part of the epg context menu. Then adjust the channel layout to suit. Another example of this can be seen in my latest mod (see signature).

I know it's simple to add, but there's a fine line between useful additions and clutter.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2015-07-07, 14:33)Piers Wrote: I know it's simple to add, but there's a fine line between useful additions and clutter.

Yes it's all down to peoples preferred way of viewing things. Personally I agree with Dumyat in that the necessity to show both the channel name and the channel logo is overkill. I kind of associate it to showing for example the Movie Title next to the Movie Logo.

The change actually reduces clutter by removing the waste of space shown with the channel names and allowing more room for seeing the actual EPG.

Anyway, hopefully I provided enough info for the op to make the changes.
I actually suggested the icon only view back in April http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1985094 i very much doubt it's going to be added, as im85288 pointed out i don't see how adding this would add clutter o_O. I guess i'll just try and figure out how to do it myself, I'll check back in a year or so when i'm halfway done :p

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xperience1080: German Channel Logos / Deutsche Senderlogos0