HOW-TO stream Live-TV from PC with DVB-S
here is a small tutorial of how to watch satellite channels from a dvb card on your xbox.

first of all you need a dvb card propertly installed in your computer as well as it works with my theater software
i'll use this site for the things you need: http://www.your-offers.net/
of course these files can be found all over the net.

i use this version mytheatre ver. 2.76 but it works with any other.

1.download my theater and make it work so you can see the  channels on your pc.
2.download this plugin avbroadcast 0.11
3.put the .dll file in the plugins subdir of my theater and restart it
4.press ctrl+alt+b and enable xns server
5.configure you xbox to the ip of your pc and port 1400
- for me it worked best with last xbmc cvs build from 12.2.2004
- for streaming other files from pc's hdd use smb !
6.go in your xns in videos in xbmc and you should be able to see one .mpg file with size of 0.1k
7.run it and watch Smile

i want to say my big thanks to the guy that made this plugin for my theater, i was looking long time for something like this and only found tsreader witch is not free and cannot decode channels using yankse plugin...

feature needs in this plugin:
1.to be able to control the channels from the xbox.
2.to be able to stream the whole transponder, so you can watch all the channels on it.
3.may be to become a standalone program using only dvbcore, just for sreaming, not to watch on pc.

if these features come true, the xbox will become partly a dreambox satellite reciever witch will make it even more useful then ever.
very interesting...

doesn't look at first sight like mytheater supports dvb-t cards such as the nebula digitv card.. only dvb-s

is that a correct assumption?

thanks for sharing this, cyber4o
unforunatly yes,
my theater is based on dvbcore and as they say it supports only these cards: ss1, ss2, twinhan vp-1020, vp1030, prolink pixelview dtv2000, dtv3000, powercolor dstv, provideo pv-911, vvmer technology tv@sat, tv@sat-ci

you can try to run this plugin on programs like progdvb or multidec but i'm not sure you will succeed...

what program do you use for running your dvb-t ?
(cyber4o @ feb. 20 2004,11:51 Wrote:unforunatly yes,
my theater is based on dvbcore and as they say it supports only these cards: ss1, ss2, twinhan vp-1020, vp1030, prolink pixelview dtv2000, dtv3000, powercolor dstv, provideo pv-911, vvmer technology tv@sat, tv@sat-ci

you can try to run this plugin on programs like progdvb or multidec but i'm not sure you will succeed...

what program do you use for running your dvb-t ?
it's a nebula digitv pci card and comes with it's own software... very good compared to the hauppauge cards website here
i couldn't find it...

but if the card is initialized by my theater, the only thing you need to do is to change your lnb settings, because for terrestrial the frequency is much lower and to try to scan some channels.
excuse my ignorance of dvb cards, but i'm really interested in this.

can this setup be used to watch sky digital channels (i.e. the uk satellite broadcaster)? would this require the dvb card to have a conditional access module (cam) to take the sky card, or does the software take care of the decryption (in a dubiously legal but morally acceptable way)?

t
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
well this is not a dvb forum, but i'll give you a hint. you can watch sky uk with original card, phoenix interface and a nds plugin
(cyber4o @ feb. 19 2004,14:33 Wrote:i want to say my big thanks to the guy that made this plugin for my theater, i was looking long time for something like this and only found tsreader witch is not free and cannot decode channels using yankse plugin...
yes it can decode chanel, same way as mytheater. also a little more stable in streaming then mt xns pluging.

http://forums.dvbnetwork.com/viewtop....sreader

but limited card can work with it.
"dvbviewer is much better, and without problems like in mytheatre" - micko
there is a new version of the plugin here:
http://www.your-offers.net/
(cyber4o @ mar. 17 2004,16:45 Wrote:there is a new version of the plugin here:
http://www.dvbsoft.net/request.php?84

old link is not working anymore
i just got latest avbroadcaster010 (running on latest mytheatre). i tryed to stream to latest xbmc (2004-03-09). i can watch stream just for less than 10 seconds. after that image becomes blocky and audio gets all messed up...
pc is connected to xbox through a 10/100 network (both hub and pc network interface).

any hint?
i even tried to get old avbroadcaster008a but i couldn't find it anywhere. do you have a working link to get it?

thanks.
bye
admeis
you need some of the new versions of xbmc to use its cache abilities because avbroadcast plugin is not very well made (my opinion) and is sending too much information in abou 5mb/s which the xbox cannot read on the fly...
but with cache versions it's working very fine
(cyber4o @ mar. 23 2004,23:59 Wrote:you need some of the new versions of xbmc to use its cache abilities because avbroadcast plugin is not very well made (my opinion) and is sending too much information in abou 5mb/s which the xbox cannot read on the fly...
but with cache versions it's working very fine
can you tellme the settings for best performance?
please respect that this specific topic is a quide, in 'the guide forum' which is not for asking for general support or requesting features!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i've changed some of my posts to stick to the updates of the plugin. here is what it supports now:

here is the new av broadcaster:
whats new
ver 0.11 march 29, 2004
added subplugins support for channel lists
added channel switch remotely via http
                        (scribitus)
download it at http://www.your-offers.net/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO stream Live-TV from PC with DVB-S0