OS X renameIT - rename TV Series & Movies on Mac OSX [64bit only for now]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Testers needed urgently:
The testing side is getting to the point where it needs more than just me doing it. I need some people that
are willing & able to do some testing before each new release is unleashed on the public.

If anyone is interested then please PM me

Please note: At this stage renameIT only supports 64bit versions of OS X

renameIT: - rename your TV series & movies on your Mac.

Features:
  • Simple Drag n Drop interface.
  • Makes use of theTVDB.com & TV.com to get episode names for your shows.
  • Supports multi-episode files.
  • Renames both TV Series & Movies.
  • Lets you add Definition and Quality to your filenames i.e. HD, SD, 480p, 720p

Screenshots:

Before:

After:

For more information or to download it visit my website renameit.jamdown.co.nz

It is still in the early stages & will most likely have updates every couple of days or so for the foreseeable future.

If anybody has any feature requests that I don't have listed let me know & I will put them on the list.
thankyou ill give this ago, i too have changed to mac and have been using vmware to run therenamer on my files, this will save me time and hassle.

edit: i cant seem to get it to work, everytime i drag a folder it crashes, i tired a single file also and it crashed, im using MacOSX 10.8.3 if hat helps
(2013-05-05, 11:34)VibeZ Wrote: thankyou ill give this ago, i too have changed to mac and have been using vmware to run therenamer on my files, this will save me time and hassle.

edit: i cant seem to get it to work, everytime i drag a folder it crashes, i tired a single file also and it crashed, im using MacOSX 10.8.3 if hat helps

Yup, crashes for me as well.. also running 10.8.3 Sad
1: Nvidia Shield TV (2017) 16GB - 2: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 3: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 4: Beelink MinixMXIII II
NAS: unRAID 6.3 Pro • Case (NZXT H440) • MB (MBD-X7SBE with SIM1U+) • CPU (Xeon X3360) • RAM (4x2GB DDR2) • SATA (6 On MB, 8 AOC-SAT2-MV8) • PSU (EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 G2) • HDD (2 x Toshiba 3TB parity, 6 x WD Red 3TB xfs, 1 x 512GB SSD cache)  • UPS (APC BR1000G)
Can you let me know what you where dragging on? file name etc so I can try and recreate the problem

12:49 edit: Looks like it was a problem with not loading default preferences correctly on first launch, I will correct this now and get an update up asap.
would someone be able to confirm this theory for me by opening and closing the preferences before trying to rename anything.

UPDATE: It was a mistake with some new settings I added being loaded as strings instead of integers. Should be fixed now. New version available here
Seems to work ok now.. doesnt crash.. will have to play with it some more..
1: Nvidia Shield TV (2017) 16GB - 2: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 3: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 4: Beelink MinixMXIII II
NAS: unRAID 6.3 Pro • Case (NZXT H440) • MB (MBD-X7SBE with SIM1U+) • CPU (Xeon X3360) • RAM (4x2GB DDR2) • SATA (6 On MB, 8 AOC-SAT2-MV8) • PSU (EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 G2) • HDD (2 x Toshiba 3TB parity, 6 x WD Red 3TB xfs, 1 x 512GB SSD cache)  • UPS (APC BR1000G)
Hi there I'm running 10.8 and the program won't open. I get this

I tried the the new link provided above and it still won't work. I am running a hackintosh, but i tried this on a macbook running 10.8 and the same thing happened. Are there any commands that i can run in association with this program in terminal, to help debugging it

Thanks in advanced, I am currently using Filebot, which is ok but I would like to see if this program is a little better.
(2013-05-06, 08:10)moosethemucha Wrote: Hi there I'm running 10.8 and the program won't open. I get this

I tried the the new link provided above and it still won't work. I am running a hackintosh, but i tried this on a macbook running 10.8 and the same thing happened. Are there any commands that i can run in association with this program in terminal, to help debugging it

Thanks in advanced, I am currently using Filebot, which is ok but I would like to see if this program is a little better.

Are you running a 32bit or 64bit version of OSX 10.8?
renameIT doesn't work on 32bit at this stage.

Msan reports that it seem to be working now.

Do you get to the main window or is it not opening at all?
I'm running 64 bit, if i run uname -a i get
Code:
Darwin localhost 12.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 12.0.0: Sun Jun 24 23:00:16 PDT 2012; root:xnu-2050.7.9~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

When i open the program the icon appears in the application bar for a milli second then disappears, then the error message appears. Nothing happens thanks for the speedy reply
i am getting the exact same error as moosethemucha, im using a MacBook Pro core i7 64bit

edit: Here is a copy of the error when trying to open the app.

http://pastebin.com/9zKrV7s3
I'm getting the same error as moosethemucha here too. Very interested to try this out Smile
Hi everyone,

Im just out at the moment- will get back onto this in a few hours, XMLRPC isn't currently used so I will remove it and get a new version online asap
just tried it in a virtual machine environment running lion 10.7.2 and get the exact same error
Just as an update, it was working earlier but I updated the UI slightly and forgot to remove some code I was working on at the time. Offending code has now been removed and should be OK
(2013-05-06, 12:23)joshgaby Wrote: Just as an update, it was working earlier but I updated the UI slightly and forgot to remove some code I was working on at the time. Offending code has now been removed and should be OK

where can we get the updated file? from the website?

EDIT: ok i followed the link on website and seen the .dmg file was uploaded 8mins prior so i tried that, it opened and i was able to drag files over, in the status box it showed that it renamed the files, i clicked next and it crashed, i checked the source folder and nothing has been renamed, i tried several times dragging folders and files.

here is a copy of the error.
http://pastebin.com/gWFkKn0q
I will check this tomorrow, its 1am here now. Thanks for trying this out

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
renameIT - rename TV Series & Movies on Mac OSX [64bit only for now]2