Linux Unable to play videos in Ascending order?
Hi,
I have Raspberry Pi. I would like to play videos automatically while booting. So i decided to use crontab for that. The crontab is
"@reboot /storage/.config/autostart.sh" And the autostart.sh file contains the following code.

xbmc-send -a "PlayMedia(/storage/videos/)"
While boot the player starts to play the videos successfully which is available in "/storage/videos/". The problem is that the video plays in descending order like i have 1.mp4,2.mp4 3.mp4 files are available in /storage/videos/ the Raspberry Pi needs to play first 1.mp4 then 2.mp4 videos and finally it must play 3.mp4 instead of that it is playing first 3.mp4 videos then 2.mp4 and atlast it plays 1.mp4.

How to resolve this. It is very useful to me if it plays in ascending order. If you know how to resolve this problem please Let me know[/b]
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

You can use a smart playlist, which allows you to specify the playback sequence. You can then enable the option to launch a playlist at XBMC startup.
Thanks for reply artrafael.
But i tried to create a play list. Unfortunately unable to create a play list by me. What i did is
1. Video -> Playlists -> New smart playlist
2. The New smart playlist window was opened, in that i was filled Type as "MOVIE" and Name of the playlist as "Video" then i click ADD button it was opened new dialog box as "Smart playlist rule"
In that i was choosen (Path) in left drop down box and (is) in right side dropdown box and click the Browse button and select path as /storage/videos and finally click ok in Smart playlist dialog box.
Then i was choose order by option as None and click ascending button finally click OK.
Then when i see the playlists ,The playlist was successfully created in the name of Video. But it was not play by right click and select play
What to do.
Do you see your movies listed in your playlist when you select it or is the playlist empty?
No, the playlist is empty. How to add movies in this playlist.
You need to change your rule from "path is" to "path starts with".
Ya i changed the rule as "path is" to "path starts with" , but after done also the playlist is empty. tell some other suggestion . If i done it , it is very useful to me.
Are your movies scanned into your video library? Smart playlists only work with library content.
Yes artrafael, the videos are present by click videos in home->Files->Videos. It contains 8 mp4 videos.
(2013-05-03, 10:19)viswanathan Wrote: Yes artrafael, the videos are present by click videos in home->Files->Videos. It contains 8 mp4 videos.

No, that's the Files, not the Library view. VIDEOS > Library > Movies > Titles. If you can't navigate this path and see your movies listed, then you haven't scanned your movie files into your library.
I dont have any options Library in videos. i have only three items in Videos options. They are Files,Playlists,Video Add-ons
Exactly my point. You don't have your movies in the library. See this wiki article to learn how to do it: Video library (wiki)
thanks artrafael,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to play videos in Ascending order?0