[MOD] Custom viewtypes for specific playlists (Nox 4.09)
(2013-11-10, 20:57)ShadowTek Wrote:
' Wrote:

Ok.. Hope bryanbrazil dose not mind since you have 4.19, do this...

1. Download This and This.

2. unzip the imdb&oscarview.rar file. You will see a single folder called XBMC.

3. copy that folder to "C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming" replace C:| with place you have your skins installed. replace YOUR USER NAME with well... your user name Smile

4. open the images.rar file, copy the images to "C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.git\media" replace "skin.aeon.git" with what your Aeon Nox skin is called, I call mine skin.aeon.git, also replace with your username.

5. I forgot this in instructions above open the "MyVideoNav.xml"

Find :
Code:
<views>50,52,53,57,500,501,503,550,508,509,510,511,512,514,516,518</views>
Replace it with:
Code:
<views>50,52,53,57,500,501,503,550,508,509,510,511,512,514,516,518,998,999</views>
You just added 998 and 999

Then find:
Code:
<include condition="IsEmpty(Skin.String(DisableInfoPanelVL))">Viewtype_FullscreenPanel</include>
add these two line under that line:
Code:
<include>Oscars</include>
                <include>IMDb250</include>

So that area will look like this:
Code:
<include condition="IsEmpty(Skin.String(DisableInfoPanelVL))">Viewtype_FullscreenPanel</include>
                <include>Oscars</include>
                <include>IMDb250</include>

Okay I'm getting confused on few things.

Copy the single folder XBMC where? Copy the addons and userdata folder or the whole XBMC one?

2nd: Copy the images rar files to which aeon nox folder ?

Aeon-Nox-Master - this is the Git 4.1.9 folder Or skin.aeon.nox Repo 4.0.9 folder

3rd: I have 2 files named MyVideoNax.xml which one do I have to edit? I'm assuming whichever is the answer for the 2nd question will be the one?

Apologies for all the trouble.. thank you..
Ok, the instructions above are ONLY for 4.19, if you are gonna use 4.09... the repo version, use bryanbrazil's instructions and zip as these have nothing to do with the repo version...

IF you are using the GIT version...

1. see the folder you are in, in your screen shot? My folder is that folder, so copy the stuff in my XBMC into your XBMC folder you have in your screenshot.

2. copy the images to Aeon-Nox-Master/media if that's your GIT version. I have a feeling you will have a issue though..

if I were you.. I would rename the Aeon-Nox-Master folder to skin.aeon.git
then in that folder open the addon.xml file and find:
Code:
id="skin.aeon.nox"
replace it with:
Code:
id="skin.aeon.git"
The reason you want to do this is so XBMC finds your git skin, but more important, so it doesnt get auto updated by the repo...

3. open the MyVideoNav.xml file in the now renamed (if you want to avoid issues) skin.aeon.nox/1080i folder

Note: in my zip I called the git skin.aeon.git, so if you are using a different name for your git version, take the stuff out of my skin.aeon.git and move it to your aeon git folder.
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
Installed it but the view is coming like this

Also in the programs addons, the imdb and oscars addons are there but have no images no thumb.
The addons have no thumbs so its ok... make sure on the left slide out panel, you set it to sort by playlist.

Edit: Also, make sure you are using the oscar and imdb viewtype xml files I included in zip and that they are in the correct (1080i) folder..
Logo's Made So Far:
I made a fresh install of aeon nox 4.0.9 and of the git version (4.1.9). I can say that the mod posted by bryanbrazil in the first post works on both. The only thing you have to do on the git version is to edit manually the fonts.xml and not use the file posted for the 4.0.9 version.

That's what i get:

4.0.9 version:

watch gallery

And the same views with git version:

watch gallery

There's just a couple of questions I would like to ask to bryanbrazil. Look at the next two images: the first is from 4.0.9 version, the second from the git.

How can I add in the highlighted part the imdb rank for the git version Huh?
And the second question is: please find a way to make imdb playlist indipendent from the movieset collection global setting SmileSmile

Thank you!!
Yeah, the movies sets and genre global settings is why I use the original version with the modifications I posted, I use tri-panel for genre but a different view layout, but this mod resets the tri-panel layout in genre, and as you pointed out, it changes the sets global setting. Other then that it does work in 4.19 Smile and its a very cool mod!
Logo's Made So Far:
@ bryanbrazil

Maybe adding:
Code:
| Container.Content(sets) | Container.Content(genre) |
where applicable in tri-panel would work?
Logo's Made So Far:
(2013-11-11, 18:54)ShadowTek Wrote: Yeah, the movies sets and genre global settings is why I use the original version with the modifications I posted, I use tri-panel for genre but a different view layout, but this mod resets the tri-panel layout in genre, and as you pointed out, it changes the sets global setting. Other then that it does work in 4.19 Smile and its a very cool mod!

Sorry ShadowTek, but I don't understand... Could you please post a screenshot of your imdb top 250 playlist with the movie set grouping option to on?
Were talking about two different things, I'm referring to when you go to the movie sets sub-menu and click on a movie set, when you see the movies in that set, and you viewed top 250 first, that view gets set on movie sets instead of the view you set it to...

EDIT: To fix the issue you are having, it looks like we have to get the tri-panel to ignore the:
Code:
!System.GetBool(videolibrary.groupmoviesets)
Setting... I think anyway, still looking into it.
Logo's Made So Far:
Can anyone tell me at which line of viewtype_TriPanel i can find what you can see here??

It should be in the variables.xml file or the Includes_MediaMenu.xml, is that from 4.0.9?
Logo's Made So Far:
Just for clarification...

When I first attempted to do this, I wrote a couple of addons to change the viewtype when viewing the playlists for Top 250 and Oscar Best Pictures (I believe this is what ShadowTek is using). As has been pointed out, this causes problems with other views. As a result, I abandoned this method.

The version I posted for 4.09 uses a different approach entirely. Instead of trying to create a new viewtype, I just added the code to the existing TriPanel viewtype, with the condition that it only display when the playlist for Top 250 is loaded. This method does not affect other viewtypes and is a much better approach IMO.

To get the mod working in 4.19, you can either use ShadowTek's instructions or copy my custom code from my 4.09 Viewtype_TriPanel.xml into the 4.19 one. I haven't been on here much lately and probably won't be updating the mod until there is a new version of Nox for Gotham. Smile
(2013-11-11, 22:23)bryanbrazil Wrote: Just for clarification...

When I first attempted to do this, I wrote a couple of addons to change the viewtype when viewing the playlists for Top 250 and Oscar Best Pictures (I believe this is what ShadowTek is using). As has been pointed out, this causes problems with other views. As a result, I abandoned this method.

The version I posted for 4.09 uses a different approach entirely. Instead of trying to create a new viewtype, I just added the code to the existing TriPanel viewtype, with the condition that it only display when the playlist for Top 250 is loaded. This method does not affect other viewtypes and is a much better approach IMO.

To get the mod working in 4.19, you can either use ShadowTek's instructions or copy my custom code from my 4.09 Viewtype_TriPanel.xml into the 4.19 one. I haven't been on here much lately and probably won't be updating the mod until there is a new version of Nox for Gotham. Smile

Thanks bryanbrazil, yes Im using the first incarnation you made as I managed to fix it from messing with other views. However Both versions display the top 250 wrong if you have group movies in sets on, I personally never use that setting so it doesn't affect me, but it affects those who do use it, that's what vidario is referring to.
Logo's Made So Far:
(2013-11-11, 22:28)ShadowTek Wrote: Thanks bryanbrazil, yes Im using the first incarnation you made as I managed to fix it from messing with other views. However Both versions display the top 250 wrong if you have group movies in sets on, I personally never use that setting so it doesn't affect me, but it affects those who do use it, that's what vidario is referring to.

Ah ok, yeah I have movie sets turned off too. I prefer to just access them from the sub menu.
Hi,

i´m a german user and have the problem with movies in my library. As example for best picture the movie in the best1.xsp called "Slumdog Millionaire" but in my library the movie is called "Slumdog Millionär" with a "ä" and if i switch the name in the xsp to "Slumdog Millionär" the playlist did not work anymore Sad

Have anyone a tip for me ?

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Custom viewtypes for specific playlists (Nox 4.09)0