Style requests to the developers
Love, love, love the skin. You guys have done so much to allow the user to tweak things to the 9's. I do find myself pining for a couple things though. Here's what comes to mind....

1) A way to make the panel at the bottom of most screens solid instead of transparent or semi-transparent. Just an option to clean up the look.

2) In pictures, videos, and music wall views, there is no option to have the thumbnails be totally clear as there is for example in the movie wall view. This would be a great option to add, as the "cases" in my opinion clutter the look more than anything. Either a clear and clearly defined case lining the perimeter of the thumbnail rather than the kind of haze that is the case now. Again, the movie wall view changed like this and it looks way better now as a result. An option to change the shape of the thumbnail box which could then more closely mimic the font would be a nice addition as well. Speaking of....

3) More, and more modern, stylized font options would be awesome.

4) In the 'List" view for all items, it would be cool if there were an option to have the background that's behind the lettering solid instead of transparent/semi-transparent (ala what I suggested above in line item '1').

5) In some modes, the background customizer option to darken doesn't seem to work. Or if it is doing something, it needs to be darkened further. Again, this would help clean up the look, subjectively speaking of course!

6) Despite the color picker add-on, I don't seem to be able to replicate the color of some other skins out there. So some more modern color choices perhaps.

But above all, please don't let these suggestions/requests cloud the fact that this is by a country mile my favorite XBMC skin. Thank you!!!
Really? Nothing?
I'm not a developer, but I'll give my two cents. Smile

1) Users can create their own theme using texture packager and replace any of the graphics. I've done this to make the background panel in the List view more transparent. It sounds like you would like it to be opaque, this would be easy to do.

2) Can't really help ya here. I prefer the "hazy" clear cases...they make them seem more 3D and stand out better IMO.

3) I like the current font...not sure what would make a font more modern.

4) See my response to #1, this should be pretty easy to modify.

5) I had this problem too, so I modified the XMLs to darken the backgrounds of the screens that didn't follow the darken background option.

6) Not sure what "modern" color choices would be, the color picker can be used to select any color imaginable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Style requests to the developers0