5.1 (7.1 no sound)
Boost volume level On downmix On
Output stereo to all speakers is On
Dolby digital is On
Dts is On
Multichannel is On
Audio output is default

Other programs On MacOS like iTunes no sound problems
Should I wait for 12.3 to be able to listen to music on XBMC?

Btw i have Upgraded from test version 1 may to frodo 12.2 On a Mac mini 2012.
In all test versions i have this problem.
MacMini 2012 - MacOS 10.10 - Kodi
try setting speaker config to 2.0 or 2.1 and turn off the downmix + stereo tomall speakers. Does one of those fix it? And yes we knowmthere are still alot of audio problems on osx. No need to be sarcastic about it...
@Memphiz

Just a thought, how about a sticky with an obvious title about Frodo audio being known to have many issues in OSX? I know there are many topics that have it well stated, but the phrasing is so various that it may not be obvious to new people looking for help. What is obviou to me has been rather difficult to grasp for others. I'm sure you devs get sick of every new thread that asks for help on a problem that was already covered. The sticky could even explain that any capable OSX dev is welcome to fix the code and submit it back. I'm not saying the current OSX devs aren't capable, but it is kind of obvious that there are limiting factors (not enough time or not enough familiarity with CoreAudio API, for examples). Then again, maybe there are those that fix code for themselves and just don't offer the update(s) back to the original authors.
@ Memphiz
I don't want to be sarcastic. I do think that you do a great job.
I love xbmc that is why I want it work
The most important things for a media player its picture and sound.

I've decided to remove xbmc and 12.2 reinstall.
At this point the system sound works. I hope the music also works.
I've decided not to change anything to the default sound settings.

Now reinstall the rest: Harmony touch and the synology 213 + and the skin Aeon Nox, and the video addons.
After a day of xbmc install, and problem solving I have only one old problem. When I listen to music party mode after a few songs stops playback. Sometimes I can select another number and he plays again. Sometimes reacts xbmc no longer.

Hopefully someone knows a solution for this.

Other old problem remote server can not startup is solved after a reset of MacOS.
Sound problem is solved by not to come to the sound settings after installation of XBMC.
What I have installed: synology 213 + with my movies and music
The addons Icefilms and radio.
The Aeon skin Nox plus the addons needed for use Aeon Nox.
Frodo 12.2 audio fixes are definitely a step in the right direction. I am running two different Mac Minis with Mountain Lion 10.8.3 using Frodo and have noticed the following:

1. Late 2009 Mac Mini that only uses optical audio for 5.1 has hardly had any sound problems watching movies or listening to music.

2. Mid 2011 Mac Mini hooked up to 7.1 receiver/speakers has had various sound problems. Before Frodo 12.2, I could not set audio to anything but 2.0 or 5.1 without sound being muted completely. With Frodo 12.1, I had to set sound to 5.1 optical/coax instead of HDMI so that it would work in movies. Music had some issues with sound coming out of one speaker (front left channel). With Frodo 12.2 I can finally set audio to 7.1 and it works fine in the XBMC menus as well as surround sound movies (aside from not actually outputting 7.1 since this is not supported on OSX yet). Stereo music playback did not fare so well with the XBMC GUI freezing up for a while before finally coming back with no sound and no progress on music playback. Switching audio to optical/coax instead of HDMI fixed the music problem and did not break surround sound movie playback (in 5.1 max even though 7.1 selected).

Neither system has boost volume level on downmix or output stereo to all speakers enabled. Both systems have dolby digital, dts, and multichannel/lpcm capable receiver enabled.

I am happy for this bit of progress with audio on OSX. It is nice to know that someone is looking at the audio issues and working to make things better. If I can help by providing logs of certain scenarios, let me know.

If you are having audio problems with the Audio Output setting set to HDMI, try changing it Optical/Coax even if you have the machine connected via HDMI. On the Mid 2011 Mac Mini, I have Optical/Coax set for the Audio Output setting but have the Audio Output Device setting set to HDMI. I think Default worked as well. The Mac Mini is only connected to the receiver using a HDMI cable.
Dear all,

I have a MacMini 2012 with intel HD4000 graphics.
I skipped version 12.1.
I did not have any major Aufio issues with 12.0, and do not have any with 12.2.
My Mac Mini ist hooked up to a Av-reciever with HDMI, my Speakers are set up
to 5.1 in Midi setup.

Yesteday night I tried to 5.1 demo files, and both of them worked correct
(the played the same as in my bootcamped windows except DTS-HD only showed as DTS,
due to OSX limitations)

I´m running OSX 10.8.3.

BR
Schimmi
Thank you for that statement - at least there are working constellations outside of my living room Smile (doesn't bring anything to the users who are pulling out their hairs because of that "crap" called XBMC - but it gives something to us devs).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Last up-date
Everything works fine except music.
Usually after 1 number increases xbmc fixed
Force quit and restart xbmc.
Mac mini 2012, up-to-date (firmware en OS) Aeon nox skin.
Data Synology 213+
Sounds like word puke - what are you trying to tell us?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I just try to tell you that there is a problem with music playback.
Usually xbmc stops after playing 1 number.
For clarity I find xbmc great and just want to contribute to improve it.
Recently I did a fresh installation of my system win 7 and I installed frodo 12.2.
Now when I switch channels using pseudotv some shows or movies will have no sound, but if I go back and forth to that channel or show the sound is back. I never had this issue with 12.1.
I tried playing with the audio output but nothing seem to work, I'm connected via HDMI

Any ideas?

Edit: same thing happens when starting a video, sometimes no sounds but if I stop and start it again I get sound.
I'm having problems with mp3 playing with music and videos that use mp3 as the audio. I'm using HDMI out on a mac mini going to a soundbar. If I put it to anything other then 2.0 I get no sound. I'm pretty sure this didn't happen in 12.1.

Other then that 5.1 works fine for most of my audio except AAC which I know is still broken.
I had many sound issues with 12.1 as well. With 12.2 I initially had no sound in xbmc. My audio midi settings were fine. I checked my xbmc Audio settings and for some reason my Audio Output settings were set to Analog instead of hdmi (which is what I use). I changed it back to hdmi and movies work good now. Also, with 12.1 I lost hdmi sound when playing video with safari, but with 12.2 it is working fine as well. Sorry I don't have any music set up so I can't comment on any music issues people are having. If I get a chance I will try and check as well. I have a late 2012 Mac mini connected to an Onkyo RC370 over hdmi.
Sound problem by myself through trail and error been corrected.
Including noise elimination and music party.
You should be diving under the hood.
Sound settings midi hdmi with 7.1 back speakers,
Xbmc settings HDMI 7.1 all options on yes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unfortunately still audio problem with xbmc 12.20