Android Cheap Android boxes
h264/hevc is only needed for 4k at this point and time and not many things are coming in those formats so no its need needed at this point in time.
(2014-12-14, 02:26)castaway Wrote: Thank you a lot wrxtasy you point me to right direction with that Chromebox. On amazon is M004U (2GB RAM) for 108€ and it is in my price range Smile Will it run all i want smooth with 2GB RAM? do i need H265/HEVC in your opinion?
thanks again you really helped me!
No Probs. They are extremely popular for a reason !!!

Yes thats the model you want with the 2955U Processor that has Intel Haswell microarchitecture.
It a smooth speed demon.
You can run Openelec on a dual booting 2GB Chromebox easily. Its does not require a lot of resources at all. As an example Openelec runs well on my 512k Raspberry Pi with 256k reported free.

Also get a Flirc IR USB dongle and a cheap Xbox360 media remote to control it and your set.
You may also need a cheap keyboard, this link has some good info:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210885

H265 may become important in media box circles once the 'Scene" groups start releasing stuff. Likely re-encoding current content into smaller files first, and for that we need cheap Hardware that can encode H265 quickly. That does not seem to be happening at the moment.
All Chromebox info below.

!!
!!
!!
!!
V

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cheap Android boxes2