Android Cheap Android boxes
Got the mk808 also running XAF and finless. I can't live without spdif and hate that its an external player but to be fair, it is a super cheap entry-level solution.

@ned Looks like Im a little behind on the x86 scene. My htpcs are a couple years old. I'm going to check into it. I see there's an x86 android: http://www.android-x86.org/ maybe worth following for those interested in Android like myself.
(2013-05-15, 17:38)j1nx Wrote:
(2013-05-15, 17:21)pcsirk Wrote: I do agree that you haven't been blasting your product all over the place, however it would explain why you and the others that have a product to sell would want to take down the competition but using this method is really heinous.

But that's the thing, I am not pissed because of the competition, I am pissed because we could both develop twice as fast by obeying the license !

I almost know for sure Pivos feels the same. By releasing the source code, you know other people will pick it up, hence that is what's opensource is all about. But because of the license you also know you will get development back into return. By not obeying the license you will only take, while yet not giving back anything.

That feels like stabbing in the back.

They can keep digging that hole, but if it was indeed there intention to comply, they would not have deleted those files. They would have prepared for pushing the sources along the binary and they would not have needed any time "to prepare"the sources.

No, they are only pushing sources, because people are throwing dirt at them, if it would have not for the dirt, this so called Special Release would have been "their's", stabing all those enthousiastic developers, now and in the past in the back and twisting the knife.

Once more, this has nothing to do with competition as that is all according the opensource plan.

I was looking into the Matricom's XBMC apk release and I noticed that in the Media folder there is a file Splash.jpg which has the Prometheus logo.
Previously i received the XBMC apk file from Visson which had the same set of addons and repositories embeded as the Matricom's version, thus I guess they just repacked the Prometheus XBMC apk replacing with their custom spash screen.
oh no.... not a prometheus apk ....

i lost $100 buy getting a prometheus which never was stable and froze...

maybe the android on x86 project is something to look after.

as i see it now, the main problem is to have android running stable on those mini pc's with chinese SoC...
(2013-05-17, 21:18)eskro Wrote: oh no.... not a prometheus apk ....

i lost $100 buy getting a prometheus which never was stable and froze...

maybe the android on x86 project is something to look after.

as i see it now, the main problem is to have android running stable on those mini pc's with chinese SoC...

Hi, Eskro,
I saw your thread over the forum and seems you do not like many items ecept your company.
LOL...
I like the prometheus. at least they are quick to solve problem,
when i bought the device and offered feedback they fix the problem quickly.
See below thread. http://extrabuy.wordpress.com/2013/05/16...re-tv-box/
Seems nice.
Quick to solve problems? I have that unit too and it took them months to handle direct situations. There hasn't been an update since first day release - only 2 overall. I checked the Prometheus and G-box, and they are completely the same. Add-ons are universal but anyone can tell they are 2 different builds @jevgenijo - stop advertising your shit site androidgadget because you sell the prometheus, no one supports them here. We all asked for source and they publicly told us no as if they owned it. Stop false advertising that dumbass product - keep it on topic please. "Cheap GOOD android boxes"
(2013-05-18, 13:39)mockingbirdblue Wrote: Quick to solve problems? I have that unit too and it took them months to handle direct situations. There hasn't been an update since first day release - only 2 overall. I checked the Prometheus and G-box, and they are completely the same. Add-ons are universal but anyone can tell they are 2 different builds @jevgenijo - stop advertising your shit site androidgadget because you sell the prometheus, no one supports them here. We all asked for source and they publicly told us no as if they owned it. Stop false advertising that dumbass product - keep it on topic please. "Cheap GOOD android boxes"

Wow! Some of the XBMC community members have to get etiquette lessons. I didn't tell a word against that nearly in all of your posts you were advertising the GBox Midnight & pointing to their website, that makes me thing that you are either one of their team members or just a fan of this box, but anyway that doesn't allow you to insult others.
I wasn't advertising the Prometheus in this thread, I just shared the information that I gathered looking into the xbmcapp-matricom-mx2.apk which GBox provides for the MX2.
Prometheus..smh... What a piece of work that box is. Of course I bought one of those too thinking they were going in the right direction. I should have known better but ya know, it's all good and im not gonna get mad about it. I can understand the frustration but to me it's all hobby anyways. These chinese companies just come in, create a bunch of hype and sell thousands of their product and then disappear. Its the reason Im not buying any more stuff from China. My pile of unsupported hardware is big enough already. I feel good about this mx2 I got. Even though it has some bugs im confident firmware will at least be released. That's been the case in the past with them anyways (fingers crossed).
(2013-05-16, 22:44)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm not sure why anyone would want to run Android on a STB if they didn't have to (besides some possible app integration with XBMC, but that hasn't happened yet), but sub $100 x86 builds are floating around this very forum. I was all in on ARM until I saw some of these deals, and a lot of them give me pause.

This comment seems to indicate that you aren't sure why anyone would run Android on a STB as well as why anyone would be hunting down a smooth ARM XBMC device rather than just going with cheap x86.

As to the former, for me Android is too cool to pass up. With something like RCB or any kind of artwork based app launcher, XBMC could launch all your android apps. There's quite a few and it's just a fun platform for hobbyists

As for the latter, cheap x86 does exist but it's not up there in terms of power consumption. I'm not the person who performed the power comparison in this Amazon Review, but they look reasonable to me. It's comparing the Arctic MC-001 N (atom + radeon 5430m) to the raspberry pi and mk808. Power consumption could be important if you are looking at several displays, and ARM is still beating x86 handily in that arena. Intel may shrink the fab on their PCH and bring the NIC inside which would help out, but as it exists today there are too many losses on a x86 board for it to compete with any SoC on power efficiency. I'd looked at the arctic since it was fanless and cheap at times, but I'd much rather find an ARM box that really handles my needs - 1080p w/ hd audio downmixed to stereo over a samba network
That was my passing mention of "app integration", which to be fair is possible now, but will be much cooler with some upcoming work (devs tell me that Android has some really awesome ways for apps to talk to each other, even control each other).

I do think the future is ARM, but just recently I've been pleasantly surprised with the price of devices that rival my main 2009 computer (at or under $100 if you wait for a good sale). Even then, there are still good reasons to go with ARM over x86, as you mention.

My main point in mentioning x86 in this thread was to dispel the conflict of interest accusations on TeamXBMC (growing number of ARM sponsors), since my own viewpoint is that x86 is still a competitor in the $100 and under market.
Agreed Ned. In fact I'm going to get a cheap x86 to toy with. Both platforms have their benefits. I think I've got ARM yellow-fever right now though lol.
Nope you are looking for a sale for your website for a Tronsmart product which clearly on this very forum has publicly stated that they have no intention of doing the very same thing. You clearly make no sense with your post @jevgenijo as you stated the Splash logo's are the same? How is that when my unit shows Matricom XBMC, and Prometheus shows another? Impossible is how , so your intent was false in your post and I laid it out. Take offense to how you want but you need to read my post - I too was very critical of every company from the units I own (Geniatech, Gbox, on the aml end, early OUYAer purchaser but for learning how to dev not just XBMC but it got my attention, and then few crap riko's). Why? The fact that my purchases had a lot to do with XBMC being touted....but none with the out of box experience just yet. I did not do it with lies like you did, sorry but I don't own a store like you do - and also fabricate a meaningless story. Your attempt failed, try again......

.......Update....words hurt - jevgenijo removed his signature(advertisement), lol - got to love it.
(2013-05-28, 03:31)mockingbirdblue Wrote: Nope you are looking for a sale for your website for a Tronsmart product which clearly on this very forum has publicly stated that they have no intention of doing the very same thing. You clearly make no sense with your post @jevgenijo as you stated the Splash logo's are the same? How is that when my unit shows Matricom XBMC, and Prometheus shows another? Impossible is how , so your intent was false in your post and I laid it out. Take offense to how you want but you need to read my post - I too was very critical of every company from the units I own (Geniatech, Gbox, on the aml end, early OUYAer purchaser but for learning how to dev not just XBMC but it got my attention, and then few crap riko's). Why? The fact that my purchases had a lot to do with XBMC being touted....but none with the out of box experience just yet. I did not do it with lies like you did, sorry but I don't own a store like you do - and also fabricate a meaningless story. Your attempt failed, try again......

.......Update....words hurt - jevgenijo removed his signature(advertisement), lol - got to love it.
Huh I just wonder, why we are being attacked from the different sides on the same day? I think I'm starting to understand who's hiding under the nickname @mockingbirdblue! Smile At least I'm not attacking you the hidden way. Now I know for sure, that your XBMC release wasn't the repacked APK of the tronsmart XBMC(it was only my assumption), but it came from the same source, so it wasn't released by you but by the third parties. Probably, that is the reason why you can't release it as the full GIT repository.
Everyone that is posting binaries of XBMC is warned, you better include source code references and any source code changes or the eye of sauron will focus your way...
If you are looking to buy one with UK or EU, there is a new box available called Droibox MX .

It has XBMC preinstalled.

Available from justop website or ebay or amazon Rofl
You are spamming to fast Big Grin You can't copy and paste links like that Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cheap Android boxes2