Aeon Nox 4.0.9 Corruption in XBMC
I am currently still using Aeon Nox version 4.0.3 as whenever I update to the latest 4.0.9 via XBMC, I notice random corruption appear on the various screens inside XBMC. I've had to disable automatic updates and re-install the older 4.0.3 again which shows no such corruption/artifacts.

I'm using an AMD Radeon HD video card and have tried various versions of the Catalyst drivers (up to the most recent/current version).

Is this is known issue with this particular build of Aeon Nox and certain hardware configurations?
No known issue that I am aware of. I am using a Radeon HD card as well and haven't had any issues. Have you tried a clean install of XBMC with Nox 4.0.9 or just upgrading?
Yes, I've tried a clean install of XBMC with 4.0.9 but exactly the same thing happens unfortunately.
Im seeing this too. I was running a clean install of 12.2 with 4.0.9 of the skin on windows 7 CCC 12.8 and 13.9. Now Ive just upgraded to win 8.1 again clean install of XBMC 12.2 and 4.0.9 of Aeon Nox, and Ive tried with both these drivers and still see the corruption.

Im running XBMC in true full screen mode.

The corruption is normally two row of dashed lines, starting from the left and running across about 50% of the screen. Starting AirPlay content causes some very funky things to happen on the screen too!
Never Seen this with my AMD Apu. Tested drivers from 12.9 to 13.9 ...
Is it only when using aeon nox? What about the default confluence?
Ryzen5 2400g @gigabyte AorusM
Marantz AV7702/MM8003 Combo
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
It just appears with Nox on my system. Confluence or MQ5 dont exhibit this problem.

I found this post in a thread about the problem with with greater than 12.6 radeon drivers, but trying to the the 12.6s to install on an 8.1 rig is proving difficult!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1420833
adding the following to the advancedsettings.xmlfile cleared this up for me, Im now running with the latest 13.9 Catalyst drivers without the corruption problem

<allowd3d9ex>false</allowd3d9ex>
Maybe someone shold report this problem to AMD, and drivers developers than fix it?
You can see my case with Bello skin here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1564250
(2013-12-02, 01:12)Jon-G Wrote: adding the following to the advancedsettings.xmlfile cleared this up for me, Im now running with the latest 13.9 Catalyst drivers without the corruption problem

<allowd3d9ex>false</allowd3d9ex>
Nox runs a lot smoother with this setting as well, fanart and transitions are a lot smoother where they are normally laggy without this setting. However the problem I'm having is if I tab out to the homescreen or launch an external player, when I go back to XBMC it's just a black screen and it locks up my whole system. The only way to get out is to do a full system reboot. This is on Windows 8.1 with "use true fullscreen" on. Does this happen to you?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 4.0.9 Corruption in XBMC0