• 1(current)
Deprecated Addon Tag overview
Hi,

i created a new addon for the new tagging system in frodo for movies, tvshows and music videos.
for me, the actual dialog are not sufficient, so i add these in this addon
my personal workflow to tag movies is, to tag these directly from the directory or during playing.

with the hotkey you can adhoc select one or more tags for your movie while playing or selected in a list
Movie Tagging

with the overview you see how much movies, tvshow or musicvideos are assigned to a tag an add or remove quickly an item to the tag
Tag Overview
Overview Selection Menu

The addon supports multiple profiles and the advancedsettings.xml

the developement is made with xbmc frodo 12.1 from 17.3.2013 on a windows machine

i want to ask you to please test this addon and to report bugs or suggest anything else.

installation:
- donwload the plugin from https://www.dropbox.com/s/vtm2dawvwmmqdg..._0.0.8.zip
- import the zip-file into xbmc
- assign a key to the following command: RunScript(script.tagoverview).Add to keyboard.xml file in the userdata/keymaps directory of xbmc :<F8>RunScript(script.tagoverview)</F8>
-for mysql-acces you have to configure the connection data in the addon-settings separately
- ready

now you can go to any movie-directory in xbmc, select a movie and press f8 (or the key you defined) for direct tagging or
without selecting a movie (in the main menu for example) press f8 for the tagging overview with some more functions.

i tested the addon with following skins:

confluence
confluence-MOD
Aeon Nox
Cirrus Extended v3
diffuse
Hybrid
PM3.HD

and tested with following combinations
XBMC12.1/XBMC12.2, Windows 7, without profile, sqlite (xbmc-standard)
XBMC12.1/XBMC12.2, Windows 7, without profile, mysql
XBMC12.1/XBMC12.2, Windows 7, with profile, sqlite (xbmc-standard)
XBMC12.1/XBMC12.2, Windows 7, with profile, mysql
XBMC12.2, Linux/openelec, witout profile, sqlite (xbmc-standard)

if you have tested the addon, i would be hapyy if you leave a comment in this forum with following:
tested xbmc-version, operating system, skin, used with/without profiles, used database

if you have errors, please upload the xbmc.log file (maybe you can use pastebin.com)

thanks

2013/05/05:Version 0.0.1: First release for testing. musicvideo and tvshows are not taggable
2013/05/08:Version 0.0.2: now completed with tagging for tvshows and musicvideos
2013/05/09:Version 0.0.3: Correct some bugs.
2013/05/19:Version 0.0.4: Removed some Debug code
2013/05/20:Version 0.0.5: change defaultcontrol behaviour to improve navigation
2013/05/21:Version 0.0.6: added mysql-support. added settings to configure mysql-access. major changes in CVideoDatabase and CDatabase. Found a special char encoding bug, maybe some more there
2013/05/26:Version 0.0.7: added profile support, removed settings-dialog, because all sqlite/mysql-connect parameters are taken from advancedsettings.xml. tag regeneration: if you remove the last movie from a tag, xbmc deletes the tag automaticly. the addon regenerates the tag automaticly
2013/06/05:Version 0.0.8: Some bugfixes and changes to support unicode

ToDo:
More Bugfixing if someone find a bug
Unittests
New Version:
2013/05/08:Version 0.0.2: now completed with tagging for tvshows and musicvideos
Any screeshots?

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
i can add some later.
one screenshot is in the addon-zip as fanart.jpg
(2013-05-08, 16:41)olivaar Wrote: i can add some later.
one screenshot is in the addon-zip as fanart.jpg

Thanks, will give this a go

2013/05/09:Version 0.0.3 found 2 errors wich prevent adhoc tagging during playing or by list selection
nice code. Your method is much faster than what I'm doing. Maybe I should use your CDatabase.py instead of messing around with JSON. Good luck with it - I hope to see more and more tag addons. The Frodo team gave us the access, now it's up to us to put them to good use.
Problem is, direct access to the database is normaly forbidden (see the addon rules).
I first try that way and shortly give up, because so much json functions are missing to reach my demand.
for the tagging addon i need functions to directly manipulate the tag and taglinks table (and i manipulate only theese)
with json, the workaround is, first to get all movies, tvshows and musicvideos to collect all available tags
but this takes too much time.
for me, direct access is ok. maybe for others, maybe i add some suggestions for xbmc

my plan is, to extend CDatabase for mysql access, to provide the same functionality for people who have a central database.
a complete XBMC dump to a python dict via JSON is usually pretty quick, but writing tags takes ages and there's no batch write feature that I know of. You're also right about the JSON feature limitations - especially after looking at your code.
Ok, I dont know how this works. I selected a movie(highlight it in my library) and press my key to bring up the menu and all i see is Without Tag but i dont see the tag i have already created. How do i add the movie to my already created tag.

Please download and install the addon again.
there was a problem with version 0.0.2
and i didnt upload the new version to the right place.
actual version is 0.0.3
(2013-05-18, 13:34)olivaar Wrote: Please download and install the addon again.
there was a problem with version 0.0.2
and i didnt upload the new version to the right place.
actual version is 0.0.3

installed this version but still dont understand how it works

(2013-05-18, 19:10)saitoh183 Wrote: installed this version but still dont understand how it works

ok
first select a movie in the directory. the entry in the directory should be highlited
then press your defined hotkey
this window should come up:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3zlwktvdg0pcndr/tagmovie.jpg
you can see the name of the selected movie at the top of the window
this window contain all available tags, if you need more tags you can create a new one with "New Tag"-entry
to add a tag to the selected movie, select the tag. the radio button near by the tag name should be "ON"

if you see this window:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sqdn9bwkvkmyee...erview.jpg
your selected movie is not recognized and you can only assign movies to tags like the original function of xmbc.
if this happens, please enable the debugging mode and show me the xbmc.log file

today i uploaded one more new version (0.0.4) because i forget some debugging code. this only have had an effect to the overview window to the "no tag" line.
(2013-05-18, 19:43)olivaar Wrote:
(2013-05-18, 19:10)saitoh183 Wrote: installed this version but still dont understand how it works

if you see this window:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sqdn9bwkvkmyee...erview.jpg
your selected movie is not recognized and you can only assign movies to tags like the original function of xmbc.
if this happens, please enable the debugging mode and show me the xbmc.log file

today i uploaded one more new version (0.0.4) because i forget some debugging code. this only have had an effect to the overview window to the "no tag" line.
Your addon.xml version is still 0.0.3 Smile

This is what i see for any movie i highlight. but i dont even see my current tag in the list.

Here is my XBMC.log

• 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Addon Tag overview0