Solved How to hide scroll bar
Hi there,
I'd like to remove/disable/hide the scroll bar in some viewtype. I am running xbmc 12.2 and aeon nox 4 on a windows 7 machine. I found this post explaining how to do that. I tried but probably something is changed in skin coding, so it seems that solution does not work any longer. So my questions are 1) how to hide scroll bar for episode viewtype 2) the code is the same for any vietype or not.
Thanks.
If you want to completely remove the scrollbar, so that pressing right does nothing, then it is very simple, just open "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\1080i\Viewtype_Episode.xml", and search for the word "scrollbar". You'll find this:
Code:
<control type="scrollbar" id="61">
                <posx>1875</posx>
                <posy>100</posy>
                <width>46</width>
                <height>910</height>
                <animation effect="zoom" start="70" end="100" center="auto" tween="back" time="320" condition="Control.HasFocus(61)">Conditional</animation>
                <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="240" condition="!Control.HasFocus(61)">Conditional</animation>
                <texturesliderbackground>views/scrollbarbacklist.png</texturesliderbackground>
                <include>Animation_VerticalScrollBar</include>
                <orientation>vertical</orientation>
                <onleft>514</onleft>
                <onright>9000</onright>
            </control>

If you delete this, the scrollbar will be gone. Note that some viewtypes contain a scrollbar like this in their corresponding .xml files, while others use a generic one which you can find in Includes_Viewtypes.xml (search for "scrollbar" again). In general, I believe in Nox all scrollbars use
Code:
id="61"
so searching for this will get you most (if not all) of them.

Now, if, for some reason, you wish to keep the scrollbar, but make it invisible, just remove the two animations in the code above, and replace them with this:
Code:
<animation effect="fade" end="0" time="0" condition="true">Conditional</animation>

EDIT: Regarding the changes mentioned above, keep in mind that when the skin gets updated these edits will be gone, and you'll have to do them again.
Thank you mate for the very detailed answer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to hide scroll bar0