Android Pivos Xios DS M3 running slow
I have tried reading the posts at the pivos forums but I cannot manage to get past the stupid verification code. Oh well.

In any case. I bought the Pivos Xios DS M3 model. I upgraded the firmware to the latest ICS and added the XBMC app from the site. I noticed that the system is rather slow in comparison to the ATV1. It works fine otherwise just rather slow at fetching data and cache-ing/buffering. I ran the same video on my ATV1 both are hard wired via network cable. ATV1 has no issues at loading or fetching data. And Buffering is practically none. Any ideas? Is there something I'm doing wrong? I thought about loading the firmware to do the straight boot to XBMC but I don't want to lose the browser capability. Some insight would be appreciated.
ATV1 has a slightly faster processor, being a mobile Pentium M CPU (from about 2008, IIRC) rather than an ARM CPU. I suspect it's not a whole lot more powerful than the average ARM processor, but still has a bit more umph.

The linux Pivos image does run a lot faster, but even then, my ATV1 still barely edges it out.
(2013-05-07, 21:20)d3rider2k5 Wrote: I have tried reading the posts at the pivos forums but I cannot manage to get past the stupid verification code. Oh well.

In any case. I bought the Pivos Xios DS M3 model. I upgraded the firmware to the latest ICS and added the XBMC app from the site. I noticed that the system is rather slow in comparison to the ATV1. It works fine otherwise just rather slow at fetching data and cache-ing/buffering. I ran the same video on my ATV1 both are hard wired via network cable. ATV1 has no issues at loading or fetching data. And Buffering is practically none. Any ideas? Is there something I'm doing wrong? I thought about loading the firmware to do the straight boot to XBMC but I don't want to lose the browser capability. Some insight would be appreciated.

I have a Mygica 510b running the Geniatech linux build. That was running very slowly, until I read in the Pivos forums about how to move the user data to the microsd card.

toys4me, is building images which automatically moves user data. Can't find the exact link, but this is a way to move data manually.

http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php...110#p24082

http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php...&start=200

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pivos Xios DS M3 running slow0