Android GBox Midnight MX2 worked for one hour then stopped!
(2013-05-13, 04:44)Ned Scott Wrote: FYI, it's not actually a "special edition". It's just the AMLogic/AMLplayer build.

Can you explain and give me a link to this build. I have been having a heck of a time getting my mx2 and the installed firmware to work. Would like to reinstall but I am confused which version to download and use the toothpick method. Thx
I got my mx2 a couple of days ago. I set it up and have watched one movie. I had several freeze ups during setup and a few times where it wouldn't boot up.

Today it just refuses to boot up. It powers up and stops at the Matricom screen. I've started and re-started but it won't go past that screen. I've unplugged the power and I tried sticking a toothpick in the spidf hole and the av hole. Nothing "clicked" when I put the toothpick in and it didn't help it to boot up.

So I'm in a pickle with an mx2, two days old that won't boot. I guess I'll have to give it the boot.
(2013-07-12, 01:37)rick390 Wrote: I got my mx2 a couple of days ago. I set it up and have watched one movie. I had several freeze ups during setup and a few times where it wouldn't boot up.

Today it just refuses to boot up. It powers up and stops at the Matricom screen. I've started and re-started but it won't go past that screen. I've unplugged the power and I tried sticking a toothpick in the spidf hole and the av hole. Nothing "clicked" when I put the toothpick in and it didn't help it to boot up.

So I'm in a pickle with an mx2, two days old that won't boot. I guess I'll have to give it the boot.

Or contact Matricom and bitch at them Smile I mean really, why are you asking here and not at the Matricom forum ? XBMC.org has nothing to do with Matricom's MX2.
Hi
I have had 4 gbox mx2 in 2 month and they have all frozen like this ,and before you say I am unlucky there is more and more people getting this problem the machine in my opinion is faulty and not fit for purpose it runs to hot so is suffering the same issue as the original xbox360 also the firms service is crap if you don't live in the united states you don't exist .
I have contact matricom 3 times and have now given up ,l am now awaiting a alternative smart tv box and yes they have a official distribution in the UK so yes I will be able to pick up the phone if I have a issue lets hope not,
The biggest load of crap I have bought for years do not touch with a barge pole ,please note have a bluetimes box and that works fine and yes it is older,
Yours with sympathy
Ian
just to say thank you for the toothpick comment i just fixed my box ive been looking fir 3 days how to reset my box as its a cinebox and ther is no info on them anywere but they are the same as a gbox midnight so thank you so much
One thing that is useful is the 'menu' button on the included remote. If you press it while you have something highlighted in XMBC it often gives you a number of other options akin to left clicking.
I'd like to see this thread become an official one for the G-Box.
If you want to recover the data in your Android phone, just go to Android Recovery.
Xbmc is not booting on my mx2? What I need to do?
everytime i update the ota and beging the reboot and flash it a line goes up and down and nothing happends untill i press a button on the remote then it starts but no update? any body have this problem
Well based on a bunch of reviews I went a head and ordered the mx2 midnight I was really pumped to get it, really quick shipping. But that's about as far as it goes.......

I hate this box.. It's freaking useless... ( and let the rant begin)

So it's advertised that the box out puts 1920x1080, it doesn't (at least in xbmc, which is the ONLY reason I ordered it). The screen resolution Is locked to 1280x720.

Before I ordered it I wanted to make sure that it would run xbmc flawlessly, which it does, how ever it is more of a stripped down version that in my opinion takes away all the true functionality of xbmc.

Air play seems to be a joke, it doesn't work at all, neither does the mircast within the android platform.
Bluetooth is disabled, even with 5 different dongles that all work on all my other devices.

Oh and of course lets not forget that you cannot use the official xbmc remote app any more, because guess what... It's disabled.

And yes I have sent gbox canada many emails already and have not received any response, and it would seem that no one answers their phone when ever I call them, to try and get an answer...

So with all that said I'm either going to ditch this thing on eBay, and build a htpc... Because honestly at this point I'm getting so annoyed with reading all these reviews, only to have something turn out not exactly as advertised.

Or, and this is where you gurus might come in handy, flash the whole thing so that I can just run a straight up version of xbmc.

A little back ground as to why I ordered this pos in the first place. My current set up employs 4 raspberry pi's running xbmc Frodo, working flawlessly, how ever I just upgraded my theatre room with a Panasonic ae8000 3d projector, and the list honestly goes on and on and on, how ever the raspberry pi's do not support HDMI 1.4(high speed) to output the large (over 10gb 3d files) to the ae8000. And thus my quest began to find an xbmc compatible unit that had HDMI 1.4 built in. I read lots of reviews but none of them said that the xbmc was a stripped down version. Most of the problems that were encountered on the forums were of basic incompetency.

Any ways so not to hijack this thread but seeing as It was already about the midnight mx2 I figured here would be a good places to post this.

So bottom line, am I selling this thing on eBay or am I flashing the rom to something else?

****EDIT*****

So after a lot more digging I came across a forum where a guy ended up writing a whole custom rom for the mx & mx2 boxes, I have down loaded it and now have a permanent booting xbmc mx2. No longer have all of those bullshit problems that I was dealing with before!
If a reset (the reset button is in the audio jack, push it down with a toothpic or something similar and plug in the device at the same time. I avoided using anything metal, such as a paperclip, not sure if that matters). It will delete the XBMC off the device and factory reset it. Boot it back up, then go through the startup if it has you do one. Setup your network. Then go to SettingsMBox app>advanced>Remote control to ON in order to use the RemoteIME app. To reinstall the version of XBMC it came with, go to OTA Updater app, XBMC is automatically populated in the list across the bottom (must be popular). This installs the version that came on the box. You are also able to install another version if you prefer it, just load it to a USB drive or SD card and plug in, and install using AppInstaller.

I hope this answered some of the questions posted.

For the person with the hardware problem, Matricom is great about return/replacement, there's always a chance, with any product, to get a dud, so if your issue is hardware then by all means reach out to them, the warranty is 1 year.

I have been using their original box for a while and just updated to the newer box, it works a lot better and was preset with all this, versus the hassle of flashing that you had to do to the original box. Remote works better, also, though I use the app on my phone most the time. Smile I don't work for them, though, so I can't offer more support than what I learned through personal use.
I read lots of reviews but none of them said that the xbmc was a stripped down version. Most of the problems that were encountered on the forums were of basic incompetency, you may get your help from here:

http://www.coolmuster.com/android/
or http://www.samsung-messages-backup.com/t...urces.html
They didn't have a problem with delivering everything on the first unit (Gbox Midnight 1) - and they went far beyond the kernel and uboot sources providing the entire android source. I will download it and see whats going on, but it looks like they are trying to go in the right direction. You can also try Samsung data recovery.Hope it helps!
Hi, I'm new to this so I am probably doing this wrong, if so I am sorry. I just got. A new mx2 went through all the set up ok went to update firmware and mistakenly flashed it with older version, now all I see on my screen is diagonal coloured lines. Used the tooth pick to reboot and to update, no luck, can anyone help??
hey i have the mx2 and when i try to go into kodi my screen will go blue or blk can anyone help me out
So i have my GBox Midnight MX2 close to one year now an never had any issues but about 5 days ago when I switched one my box It showed the Matricom screen, then it stuck there. I let it sit for 30 minutes and it wouldn't move past it. I unplugged it and let it sit for a few minutes then tried it again but it continues to get stuck at MATRICOM screen. I have rebooted it about a dozen times but it won't get past that screen.

Operating system Android 4.2.2
Firmware 1.2
isengard 15.2 rc1

I did the "toothpick reset" procedure
1. Place the Recovery.img, AML script, and 1.2.zip files and put them on an SD card via a computer.
2. Place the SD card into your MX2

But it doesn't go into recovery mode it just loads the MATRICOM and sticks/freezes there

Does anyone know what happened and how I can fix it?
Help me plz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GBox Midnight MX2 worked for one hour then stopped!1