OS X Moving my library to NAS help
Intro:
My entire library is stored on an external hdd, all media has been scraped and organized meticulously; I've outgrown my 3TB drive and have opted to for a 5big pro NAS. I'm currently copying all data from the external drive to the NAS (looks like it's going to take about four days), when I'm finished I'm going to disassemble the 3TB drive and add it to my RAID array.

Question:
How do I tell XBMC that all files are still present but have been moved to a different location? Is it possible to do this as painlessly as possible?

Goal:
Remove my external drive making XBMC forget the thing ever existed and migrate library to the NAS along with the all of the metadata without having to rebuild and re-scrape the library.

Specs:
Latest Stable Eden Build (12.2) with Aeon Nox
Mac Mini i5

Question 2:
Searching on this topic I've noticed some people are having issues with scraping after moving to a readynas, will I run into a similar issue? My understanding is that it has to do with they way I have my NAS set up - please elaborate if you have any insight on the topic.

Thank you so much ahead of time for any input!
Plug the external back where it was and export to separate files.

Then transfer the files to the NAS.

Remove the external drive as a source and clean the library.

Add the NAS as a source and scrape.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Having just done the same thing, see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...sing_MySQL for further details. It worked without a hitch. Don't forget the copy the thumbnails to the NAS. Once you have set it up on one machine, just move the advancedsettings.xml, sources.xml and passwords.xml to all computers running (the same version of) XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moving my library to NAS help0