ExtraFanart in BigFan mode not working
I have an annoying issue with showing ExtraFanart with my viewing mode set to "Big Fan"

For some reason, the backgrounds in my movie overview do not match the selected movie. Only if I select no extrafanart, will it display the proper single picture that matches that movie. When I however select show extrafanart, the background will show a slideshow of a few totally different movies. Only a few movies have the proper selection of backgrounds. I have already tried manually searching for extrafanart via information-->choose art--> get extrafanart, but that does not download anything extra

My TVShows section has the same settings applied, and there the problem does not occur at all.

Any suggestions what could be causing this?

edit: It seems that the movies simply do not have fanart available... About 5min after I forced a fanart update via fanartdownloader, my harddrive suddenly started working hard and a few minutes later I got an notification saying that 72 new pictures had been download. Now a few more movies are showing the proper extra art. Only problem now is that I don't know how/why those 72 extra pictures were downloaded, as the manual art download said that 0 new pictures had been found.
You probably have all of your movies in the same folder, whereas your TV shows are each on its own separate folder. Unlike the regular fanarts which are placed in the userdata directory, extrafanart are located inside each movie's directory, in a folder named "extrafanart". If you have all of them in the same directory, after Artwork Downloader has downloaded the extrafanart for one movie, it overwrites them with extrafanart from the following movie, and then overwrites those, and so on...

This means that if you want to have extrafanart, each of the movies you have must be placed in its own individual folder, accordingly named. Your TV shows already have that structure, that's why it works with them.
(2013-05-09, 20:03)CutSickAss Wrote: You probably have all of your movies in the same folder, whereas your TV shows are each on its own separate folder. Unlike the regular fanarts which are placed in the userdata directory, extrafanart are located inside each movie's directory, in a folder named "extrafanart". If you have all of them in the same directory, after Artwork Downloader has downloaded the extrafanart for one movie, it overwrites them with extrafanart from the following movie, and then overwrites those, and so on...

This means that if you want to have extrafanart, each of the movies you have must be placed in its own individual folder, accordingly named. Your TV shows already have that structure, that's why it works with them.

Ahh, that makes sense.

I indeed have it set-up like you described. I'll change it.

Thanks!
Of course, if you change the structure of your movies folder, don't forget you'll have to clean the database and rescrape.
How do I get big fan working in other add-ons?

How do I get big fan working in other add-ons?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ExtraFanart in BigFan mode not working0