Linux FRODO (12.1) - video playback causes xbmc to hang on nVidia 319.17
I can confirm mplayer works with vdpau. I've tested console mplayer and smplayer. Also, sharpness vdpau feature works as well without any problems. Mplayer without vdpau works too.

Definitely this is caused by some nvidia changes, but I think it's worth to take a closer look at this issue. Since this is only xbmc problem, I wouldn't count on nvidia to take this on.
@giaur:
Can you just for fun run it as root?
xhost +
sudo -s
xbmc

That made me really wonder.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
No prolems when running as root, you are right.
Incredible FernetMenta has tracked it down, somewhere I had never ever assumed to find it after stepping the hell out of xbmc the last two days: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14318 (Please don't post "affects me too" entries)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
The issue has also accidently been fixed in current master by merging some other pr but this has introduced a new problem. Nevertheless we know the root cause.
Nice troubleshooting! I am running into the same issue with my new machine, hope we see a fix soon
Yes, we are waiting for fix (me too).
Fix is there - but not officially backported to frodo yet, I made some tests over the we with it: https://github.com/fritsch/xbmc/commit/4...8ff0412161 but it works really great with 319.17 :-)
Ok, so I neeed to wait until it's backported to frodo and then, until it's merged into 3d branch... but anyway, good to hear this problem is solved.
If you build from source - just build it as you usually did - master is not affected anyways. 3D branch has absolutely nothing to do with this problem.

I PRd the fix to wsnipex and he accepted - so during the next days, there will be new frodo packages that work with 319.17
I have 3D jaaps branch compiled (haven't tried elupus branch yet) and it's affected - this is reason why I started this thread. Does elupus official 3D branch work with nvidia 319.17? I don't use packages, I always compile from surce instead.
It is enough to just cherry pick the commit - btw. don't mix official branch with any others. We cannot care for every branch out there to be in sync. If you don't use official packages with upstream support, you have to file an issue with those ... the fix comes in, when elupus rebases next time.
(2013-05-21, 11:11)fritsch Wrote: We cannot care for every branch out there to be in sync. If you don't use official packages with upstream support, you have to file an issue with those ... the fix comes in, when elupus rebases next time.
Yes, I know that's why I wrote I probably will need to wait until this fix is available in official 3d branch.
What is the "official" 3D branch?
I mean elupus branch, I can see it's actively developed by some xbmc team people at this time. There is some discussion in thread about 3D support, so I assume this code contains all latest xbmc 3D features. I know this is not any "official" release yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FRODO (12.1) - video playback causes xbmc to hang on nVidia 319.170