Local trailers / file locations.
As a recent convertee from mediabrowser, i would like to see XBMC handle LOCAL trailers better. I see plugins for web based streaming, but i have a rather nice collection of 1080p HD trailers all stored in the \trailers\ folder in each movie directory. Actually the location where Media Centre Master puts them.

XBMC should be able to point in default locations to find trailers, failing a local find, go to Youtube etc etc......

I still use Media Centre Master to do my meta processing and think it does a rather neat job, so prefer not to use other scrapers.
richsmif

xbmc will detect the trailers if they are using the proper naming convention.

Media\Movies\Movie Name (2013)
Movie Name (2013).ext
Movie Name (2013)-trailer.ext

will be picked up by xbmc
You can also use just "movie-trailer.ext" (by which I mean, literally that, not substituting in the title).

You can also define your own regexps in your advancedsettings.xml (wiki) with the <trailermatching> tag.
Yes all my trailers follow the naming convention of

Media\Movies\Movie Name (2013)
Media\Movies\Movie Name (2013)\trailer\trailer.flv (or...avi) etc.

Rather not have to move all my trailers to "-trailer.ext".

My house uses a mixture of XBMC and Media Centre/Media Browser.

Some option needs to be added to XBMC to look for local trailers using "name-trailer.ext" or "\trailer\trailer.xxx".
(2013-05-10, 18:54)richsmif Wrote: Some option needs to be added to XBMC to look for local trailers using "name-trailer.ext" or "\trailer\trailer.xxx".

To quote myself but one post previously:
(2013-05-10, 18:48)scudlee Wrote: You can also define your own regexps in your advancedsettings.xml (wiki) with the <trailermatching> tag.
Ok, I will look into it. I'm meaning a more user friendly way . Ie through the GUI.
i want to make coffee, while i draw ponies in a million shades of pink. i will do it only once and then forget about it for years to come. and of course i need it to bog down the gui for everybody for years to come because using a text editor to edit text is below me.
Its not about that, its about making it user friendly - editing text files just keeps it geeky and restricts the audience to technical-semi technical people.

You dont edit text files on your sky hd box do you!!
nope. nor do you have the option to change stuff like this. if a theoretical sky box supported local trailers, i guarantee you that you you would HAVE to rename your files. we give you the option to change it, even though we could just leave it out. at the small cost of putting on your ultra-geeky hat and opening a text editor.
Good afternoon spiff,

Is there any way I can have more than one trailer within the movie folder to be played immediately after the first one? Something like multi-parts videos:

movie name (2013-trailer.pt1.mkv
movie name (2013-trailer.pt2.mkv

etc.

Would that be recognised and played seamlessly as just 1 file by XBMC?

Best,

CF
(2013-05-10, 18:48)scudlee Wrote: You can also use just "movie-trailer.ext" (by which I mean, literally that, not substituting in the title).

You can also define your own regexps in your advancedsettings.xml (wiki) with the <trailermatching> tag.

I am in the exact same postition as the OP, where i have MB and xbmc.
I have to continue using MB for the time being to use my Xbox 360s as extenders, until i can switch all my tvs to raspberry pis or other android stick pcs.

Media\Movies\Movie Name (2013) <<--sometimes no (yyyy)
Media\Movies\Movie Name (2013)\trailers\trailer.mp4 <<--all my trailers are re-encoded to .mp4

I am attempting to understand the regexp syntax to make this work by editing the advancedsettings.xml

this is what i am thinking, any help would be appreciated
Code:
<trailermatching>
<regexp>(trailers)\\(trailer)(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>
</trailermatching>
or
Code:
<trailermatching>
<regexp>(trailers\\)(trailer)(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>
</trailermatching>
or
Code:
<trailermatching>
<regexp>(\\trailers)(trailer)(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>
</trailermatching>

am i close? and do understand correctly, i could switch the (\.[^.]+) with (\.mp4) since all my trailers are mp4?
I am also same position as the OP, where I have both MB and XBMC running on sperate computers in the household.
I have the following lines in my advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<trailermatching>
<regexp>(.*?)(trailer)(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>
</trailermatching>
and as far as http://www.regextester.com/index2.html says that should match any of:
Code:
trailer.mkv
/trailer.mkv
./trailer.mkv
trailer/trailer.mkv
/trailer/trailer.mkv
./trailer/trailer.mkv
trailers/trailer.mkv
/trailers/trailer.mkv
./trailers/trailer.mkv
\trailer.mkv
.\trailer.mkv
trailer\trailer.mkv
\trailer\trailer.mkv
.\trailer\trailer.mkv
trailers\trailer.mkv
\trailers\trailer.mkv
.\trailers\trailer.mkv
Yet it won't match a file named "trailer.mkv" in the same folder or in a sub folder named "trailer" or in a sub folder named "trailers" (what I want it to do)
well i found a solution. kinda.

I am no longer using a mini pc for my fathers hometheater. I built a whole computer running Win7 with mediabrowser3.
MB is more user-friendly. Trailers just work.

And now MediaBrowser webserver and soon to be MediaBrowser Theater (stand alone version, WMC FREE!) supports youtube trailers from scraped metadata. MediaBrowser Classic (WMC version) will never support youtube playback due to limitations and following their Terms of Service. As soon as MB Theater is released, i can just delete all trailers and move on.

Not to mention the great support community over there, that dont have this "figure out our obscure methods on your own" attitude you find here.
(2013-09-12, 02:57)trusselo Wrote: well i found a solution. kinda.

I am no longer using a mini pc for my fathers hometheater. I built a whole computer running Win7 with mediabrowser3.
MB is more user-friendly. Trailers just work.

And now MediaBrowser webserver and soon to be MediaBrowser Theater (stand alone version, WMC FREE!) supports youtube trailers from scraped metadata. MediaBrowser Classic (WMC version) will never support youtube playback due to limitations and following their Terms of Service. As soon as MB Theater is released, i can just delete all trailers and move on.

Not to mention the great support community over there, that dont have this "figure out our obscure methods on your own" attitude you find here.

I'm sorry, but most people don't check the "feature suggestion" forum. We anticipate most people will post in the help forum if they need help. Had I seen your post I would have tried to help you, and I'm someone who normally checks the "feature suggestion" forum. If it was easy for me to miss, I can only imagine it was easy for others to miss.

However, it sounds like MB is your only option if you wish to keep trailers in a subfolder of the movie folder. XBMC's regex, as I understand it, is only looking at the file name, and not including the folder path. I do not have the technical knowledge to provide another solution or create one.

I do thank you for being honest and not rude, and I actually mean that. It's true that XBMC is not as user friendly as some other options out there. Some people come back and tell us they're not using XBMC anymore, but they do so in a very childish way, but you gave us constructive criticism, and I appreciate that.
(2013-09-12, 02:57)trusselo Wrote: and soon to be MediaBrowser Theater (stand alone version, WMC FREE!) supports youtube trailers from scraped metadata. As soon as MB Theater is released, i can just delete all trailers and move on.

xbmc has had this feature for i don't know how long now...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Local trailers / file locations.0