Choppy playback & no audio
I am running latest 12.2 build official on Windows 7.
I have a dual monitor setup and have fullscreen mode enabled, not the windowed option.

The issue that I am experiencing is that when I go back to my PC and do another task which minimizes XBMC it causes the video to be choppy and I lose audio. Does anyone know what is causing this or how to fix this problem?
Still experiencing this bug, or feature still not sure which one it is.
Anyone?
Question, where did you learn going to fullscreen is better? I'm curious if that will help my system also. I'm getting choppy HD playback.
I have read that if you use windowed mode it doesn't give full performance, and I have noticed dropped frames when watching some content.
I have a i3 3220 with HD2500 graphics.
Thanks, I wasn't aware of this. I am experiencing dropped frames for sure on an i7 2700k with HD3000 with HD video. Driving me insane, just dropped a bit of cash to resolve with these higher specs and still chop chop video, arg!
Well the issue that I'm experiencing is actually a little more than dropped frames. When I use the true fullscreen mode and then use my PC to perform other tasks it seems to cause issues with XBMC. When I do go back and try to play a video the video is super slow mo and lacks audio. The only way to fix it is shutting down XBMC and manually ending the process in task manager.
also face the same problem - choppy Video and no audio; configuration is shown below:
HTPC - is a HP Core5 laptop with 4 GB memory; NVIDIA mobile display. OS is Windows 7 Ultimate + SP1 + all latest updates.
Default Video player is VLC. XBMC is Frodo 12.0. Laptop is connected to a TV through a receiver.

This is connected to a media server over Gigabit LAN. Playing an .MKV file which is approx. 24 GB in size.
When I play the movie directly through the VLC player, it plays without any issues. The audio plays flawlessly and so does the video.

Going through Frodo (12.0), it struggles to play using the same VLC player and video is choppy (plays almost frame by frame) and there is no audio at all.

Am I missing any setup in Frodo? Any help is very much appreciated.
Confused

UPDATE:
Video card is NVS 3100M and is HDCP capable.
The laptop has a DisplayPort and I use a Displayport-HDMI adapter cable to connect the laptop to a Pioneer SC-1222k receiver, which is capable of playing all audio formats including DTSHD-MA and DD True HD. The receiver connects to the TV using a HDMI cable.

The issue is with playing only movies having DTS-HD MA audio. Even DTS audio plays without any issues. In Frodo, input is set to HDMI, 5.1 speaker configuration, LPCM, DTS-HD, True HD, AC3 etc. are all turned on, Audio & Passthrough Output devices are set to "WASAPI: HDMI SC-1222-1...." option.
My issue may be different as it typically works perfect. It only becomes a problem after XBMC has been minimized. When I come back to it and try to play a file it suddenly goes slow mo and loses audio.

Sent from my iPhone 5 2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Choppy playback & no audio0