CEC on screen menu while listening music
Question 
Hi all,

I succesfully installed and setup my Raspberry Pi with CEC support of my Panasonic TV.

While playing a movie, it works exactly as describes in the CEC Wiki; ie pressing OK button display OSD menu to pilot movie playback.

My concern is that the same operation while listening to music does not work. Pressing to OK button when at the audio visualisation screen will display the property dialog box of visualisation.

As a consequence, I'm stuck in the visualisation screen and need other input method to go home (android remote control for example). I found a workaround by disabling visualisation, but I think that the issue is more on the shortcut associated to OK button in visualisation screen.

Those of you running XBMC and using TV remote through CEC, do you face the same problem ?

Thanks,

JBT1
(2013-05-10, 07:21)JBT1 Wrote: Hi all,

I succesfully installed and setup my Raspberry Pi with CEC support of my Panasonic TV.

While playing a movie, it works exactly as describes in the CEC Wiki; ie pressing OK button display OSD menu to pilot movie playback.

My concern is that the same operation while listening to music does not work. Pressing to OK button when at the audio visualisation screen will display the property dialog box of visualisation.

As a consequence, I'm stuck in the visualisation screen and need other input method to go home (android remote control for example). I found a workaround by disabling visualisation, but I think that the issue is more on the shortcut associated to OK button in visualisation screen.

Those of you running XBMC and using TV remote through CEC, do you face the same problem ?

Thanks,

JBT1
some of the buttons have different functions in different stages of XBMC. So same button has assigned different function in menu, vido playback or music playback, etc.
You can edit the function of each button specifically in /remote.xml file
Thanks rikardo1979, will take a look at it and feedback.
Ok, as xbmc on raspberry do not support TV, I remap my red button to go to home screen, thank you.
(2013-05-10, 19:14)JBT1 Wrote: Ok, as xbmc on raspberry do not support TV, I remap my red button to go to home screen, thank you.

thats great
but to be honest I'm not sure what you mean by "not support TV", can you explain please? If you mean Live TV than I have to tell you that it does support it Wink
I was thinking it was for USB TV tuner support (that I don't need), I'm wrong ?
Could you tell me a little bit about it ?

Byt the way, I have only few button working with my remote through CEC, need to made some choice :o)

Thanks
yes, the TV tuners works on RPi Wink but as you said you do not use/need it than you can map the button to what ever you like.
I see you have the Pana telly, so do I. For me almost all the buttons works out of the box without any edit. I know that some of the Pana TV's has a problem with RPi CEC but that was few months ago, and libcec was updated few times since. Look on libcec git if you find some reports related to your TV model Wink
You say "all the buttons", even the STOP, PLAY, PAUSE ... ?
My Plasma start to be old, model is 46pz81fv, but image is really famous Smile associated with Denon 1909 and Cabasse Eole, I appreciate the simplicity of Raspxbmc, running good out of the box, even if a little bit laggy.
I am having the same problem with a Panasonic TV connected to a Raspberry Pi running OpenElec 3.0.2, I have tried switching off visualizations in the settings menu but it still comes up with the visualization options window when I press ok on the remote. Can JBT1 tell me how he got his workaround to work.
I have also noticed that the context menu button doesn't bring correct menu but displays bit rate info about the mp3 that is playing.
(2013-05-10, 20:34)JBT1 Wrote: You say "all the buttons", even the STOP, PLAY, PAUSE ... ?
My Plasma start to be old, model is 46pz81fv, but image is really famous Smile associated with Denon 1909 and Cabasse Eole, I appreciate the simplicity of Raspxbmc, running good out of the box, even if a little bit laggy.

cant tell how is it on Raspbmc as I running XBian Cool
but yes on mine all buttons are working, the media buttons included Wink and no lags at all
(sorry for late reply but I forgot to subscribe to this thread so I missed your reply)
Thanks rikardo1979 for the answer, will look later for the media buttons.

@bigg, I follow the suggestions of rikardo, open a ssh session and look for the remote.xml file in my raspbmc. Found it in /opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/remote.xml
So I edit it with root privilege doing: sudo vi remote.xml
Find the line where the Red button is mapped in the <remote> section and replace the action to jump to Tv to Home like this: <red>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</red>
reboot your raspbmc: sudo reboot
and enjoy the red button

For the music visualization OSD menu, in the <visualisation> section, I change
<select>OSD</select>
<menu>OSD</menu>
<start>OSD</start>

then reboot and that's it, I now have the osd menu with Play/Pause/Stop menu like with Video playback.

Regards
Thanks JBT1, it worked a treat.
I had to change add a step to get it to work on OpenElec.

cp /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/remote.xml /storage/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps

and I then edited /storage/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/remotel.xml
@bigg: thanks for the tip regarding userdata, my raspbmc upgrade today and I lost my config. So I copy the saved remote.xml in the same dir as you and it come back.
I think it is a more "stable" solution.

@rikardo1979: I did a quick test with Xbian, not a big difference with Raspbmc, but the remote buttons does not work either. Not a big deal, certainly due to a setup in my TV because any time I push one of the remote media button, the TV led is not blinking as it does with pushing any working button (move paddle, Info, Return...).
Does the led blink on your TV when pushing Play or Stop ?
yes they does work and the IR LED blinks on all buttons. Looks that you TV is a way different than mine Panasonic and the buttons uses different codes so thats why those needs to be manually defined.
One more question. Does your TV remote has a little switch at bottom right labeled DVD/VCR TV ? This is used to switch the remote between TV or DVD/VCR mode.To make mine working with RPi it has to be in TV mode as the other use different codes ;)
I got also a switch, but the proposed positions are VCR or DVD, not TV. For sure I try all positions, none works...
Do you know how to see if code are however transmit to xbmc, or more precisely to Pulse Eight CEC ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CEC on screen menu while listening music0