Upgrade 12.2 or not?
I recently downgraded from 12.1 to Eden because of daily crashes of Frodo, and the fact that a certain application didn't work (won't mention the name, but it's one one those apps which gets you banned from here).

Now that 12.2 is out, I'm wondering: would it be wise to upgrade, or should I stick with Eden, which works like a charm and allows me to stream from gamekings.tv?
12.2 has a lot of great features, but if you're happy with Eden, then there's no need to rush. I still have at least one XBMC box (non iOS) that is still on Eden, because on that specific hardware it's just playing a little nicer on Eden. Everything else I have either is 12.2 or a nightly build, but that one box is very happy using the older v11. If it works, it works.
I went from Eden to 12.1 and had many crashes and low performance on my ATV2, then (upon suggestions) I donwgraded to 12.0, wich was a little better but still the GUI was slow and in moments it felt it was about to crash. I still got a couple of crashes in 12.0 though. Then, I immediately jumped on the 12.2 train, even knowing that the memory leaks in ATV couldn't be fixed in that release. So far, I'm very pleased with 12.2, my ATV feels very fast, responsive, and zero crashes since last week.
Echo baruchin's comments. I've been really happy with 12.2 and not had any crashes, though I have learned not to push the ATV2 with too exotic skins or addons.
Same here - I've been on Eden for so long, but I ran into some trouble when I wanted to update recently, that I had to clear out my caches and do some magic to just get my ATV-2 to work as per normal again, and once that was done I upgraded first chance I got.

Things are running smoothly, and 12.2 seems much faster and more responsive than Eden. Haven't done extensive testing, but I'm confident things will go smoothly from here! Smile
Question for everyone about 12.2, I was running 12.1 on iOS6 [ATV2] but ran into issues with DTS 5.1 audio and stuttering/jittery video so I had to downgrade. DId anyone else have these issues on iOS6 and has 12.2 resolved them for you?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrade 12.2 or not?0