Transparent Cover background for Movie Sets
As the thread name says, i need to remove the black background from the covers only for the movie sets so it doesnt look like this:

and is there also a way to size them up to the height of the normals covers (the set covers are 704px wide and 776px high) without changing there aspect ratio?
Oh and how can i set some infos for a set like country, genre and studios?

thanks in advance Big Grin
This shouldn't happen, my friend. There's probably something wrong with your Ace installation (namely Textures.xbt). Try deleting the skin, also delete this file (if it exists): C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\packages\skin.ace-1.6.0.zip.

Don't worry, your settings won't be deleted by this. Afterwards open XBMC and re-install Ace. If nothing has changed, then try renaming this file: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\guisettings.xml to guisettings.bak (this is the actual deletion of the settings, this way you'll keep a copy of them), and open XBMC. It will have reverted back to the default skin, so switch to Ace and check if the problem persists. If it does, then the issue is elsewhere, so close XBMC, delete the newly created guisettings.xml and rename guisettings.bak back to guisettings.xml. If the problem is fixed, delete guisettings.bak, and just configure Ace to your liking again.

EDIT: Are you using an older version of Ace? 'Cause in 1.6.0 the discs are placed horizontally in Right List.
Ok when is use a case for the posters the background is transparent. but when i deactivate them the black background appears again. :/ and they are are still to small

to edit: no its Openelec 3.0.2 with ace 1.6.0 an these are custom png's that look like this. look here
is there an option to let them generate automatically? Huh
(2013-05-10, 21:06)keNny79 Wrote: ...these are custom png's...

See, now, this is something you should have mentioned originally, since this is a very specific setup, therefore the general rules don't apply. Personally, I don't use such icons, so I can't check it, but I'm guessing it has something to do with the bordertexture that is used on posters without media cases. Try the following (keep in mind these edits will be gone when the skin is updated, so you'll have to do them again):

- Open the file: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.ace\720p\ViewsRightList.xml
- Search for the following around lines 432-451:
Code:
    <control type="image"><!-- Filmes/Fotos/Arquivos reflexo -->
    <posx>-5</posx>
    <posy>419</posy>
    <width>245</width>
    <height>350</height>
    <fadetime>FanartCrossFadeTime</fadetime>
    <aspectratio align="center" aligny="top">keep</aspectratio>
    <texture flipy="true" diffuse="thumb_reflect.png" background="true">$VAR[value_poster]</texture>
    <bordertexture flipy="true" diffuse="thumb_reflect.png" border="-2">black.png</bordertexture>
    </control>
    <control type="image"><!-- Filmes/Fotos/Arquivos -->
    <posx>-5</posx>
    <posy>65</posy>
    <width>245</width>
    <height>350</height>
    <aspectratio align="center" aligny="bottom">keep</aspectratio>
    <texture fallback="DefaultVideoPoster.png" background="true">$VAR[value_poster]</texture>
    <bordertexture border="-2">black.png</bordertexture>
    </control>

- Delete the two lines that have "bordertexture" in them, save the file and open XBMC to check if it works.
Sorry to 'hijack' the thread, but I looked at your screenshot earlier and though it was cool (yet unusual) how you had the discart for all the movies in the set stacked like that.

I see from your latter post that these are not discart but part of the custom poster. Is that correct?

If MQ sees this, it could be a cool future feature for ACE or even MQ5, if this could be implemented with actual revolving discart for sets?

Although that's is probably much easier said than done!
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Well my turn, skin use resource for show discarts in sets, you need only 2 things, active in videos use sets, and have script extended info by Phill65, for show info and images.
There are 4 views with support sets + view sets (specific for submenu sets, in movies).
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2013-05-10, 23:26)CutSickAss Wrote:
(2013-05-10, 21:06)keNny79 Wrote: ...these are custom png's...

See, now, this is something you should have mentioned originally, since this is a very specific setup, therefore the general rules don't apply. Personally, I don't use such icons, so I can't check it, but I'm guessing it has something to do with the bordertexture that is used on posters without media cases. Try the following (keep in mind these edits will be gone when the skin is updated, so you'll have to do them again):

- Open the file: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.ace\720p\ViewsRightList.xml
- Search for the following around lines 432-451:
Code:
    <control type="image"><!-- Filmes/Fotos/Arquivos reflexo -->
    <posx>-5</posx>
    <posy>419</posy>
    <width>245</width>
    <height>350</height>
    <aspectratio align="center" aligny="top">keep</aspectratio>
    <texture flipy="true" diffuse="thumb_reflect.png" background="true">$VAR[value_poster]</texture>
    <bordertexture flipy="true" diffuse="thumb_reflect.png" border="-2">black.png</bordertexture>
    </control>
    <control type="image"><!-- Filmes/Fotos/Arquivos -->
    <posx>-5</posx>
    <posy>65</posy>
    <width>245</width>
    <height>350</height>
    <aspectratio align="center" aligny="bottom">keep</aspectratio>
    <texture fallback="DefaultVideoPoster.png" background="true">$VAR[value_poster]</texture>
    <bordertexture border="-2">black.png</bordertexture>
    </control>

- Delete the two lines that have "bordertexture" in them, save the file and open XBMC to check if it works.

Yeah it worked! I also deleted the "width" line and set "posx" to -115. So now the Posters have the same height and it looks great. Smile It will be perfect if it can be changed seperate for sets and non sets. Thanks a lot!

@Wanilton: Also a lot of thanks. But it only shows me textinfos on the set overview but no other images. Undecided
(2013-05-11, 03:37)Wanilton Wrote: Well my turn, skin use resource for show discarts in sets, you need only 2 things, active in videos use sets, and have script extended info by Phill65, for show info and images.
There are 4 views with support sets + view sets (specific for submenu sets, in movies).

So if I install phill65's scripts, and have discart downloaded, I can have multiple discart showing on sets as per kenny79's screenshot?

Samu-rai, yes but not equal, because kenny79's screenshot used only one image show all discarts, for get discarts you need run Artwork Downloader,in skin ace, views show individual discart for each movie.

and this is sets view is specific for submenu sets in movies, need select this view in top menu:

MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Thanks as ever Wanilton. Still looks cool, I'll give it a go.

Is the disc rotation disableable? And are there really no disc images for the underworld set? o.O Or did i something wrong?
re - underworld disc set - it depends on whether its dvd or blu-ray and what language the disc is in - there are some on fanart.tv but again it depends on your language and quality of files.
Just looked on fanart.tv for you and there are a few discs there (no english blu ray for the first movie though) so maybe you need to have a look into it.
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transparent Cover background for Movie Sets0