Is there a movie scraper that works?
Universal scraper says its broken, IMDB scraper is no longer there and TMDB scraper also says broken. Is there another one I should be using? I downloaded the lastest nightly after having this on the beta version I was running. What is everyone using to scrape movies?
Only imdb is broken. The rest works just fine
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I figured it out after posting, apparently you have to go into change content for movies instead of get addons where everything is listed as broken.
I'm getting the same thing, I can't get ANY scraper to work since IMDB went away! I tried to uninstall, reinstall, I waited for xbmc 12,2 hoping for a fix, but NOTHING! I have 1000 movies and I just keep getting the message "could not download information" when I force a scan. my tv shows scrap just fine but my movies arent even on the xbmc desktop!!! I don't know what to do! I'm currently using boxee until I get a fix, but its just not the same...

I can play my movies in xbmc thru the "videos" and go to files but i still don't have the old option of MOVIES that I had like tv shows and pictures
^^ Universal scraper works fine for me.
Did you guys try force refreshing your add-on repositories?
As I said, you must go to change content to get the scrapers to work.
(2013-05-11, 22:14)robl45 Wrote: As I said, you must go to change content to get the scrapers to work.

For some reason, quite often when I hit "C" (contextual menu) when focused on a video file (under Videos -> Files -> [source path] -> [file list]), I don't get the option "Change Content".

Sometimes I DO get the "Change Content" option, but usually not. I can't figure out why sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not.

Can anybody make me feel dumb by pointing out the obvious? I'm killing myself trying to figure it out...

Thanks...
(2013-05-31, 03:31)chicowoodhill Wrote:
(2013-05-11, 22:14)robl45 Wrote: As I said, you must go to change content to get the scrapers to work.

For some reason, quite often when I hit "C" (contextual menu) when focused on a video file (under Videos -> Files -> [source path] -> [file list]), I don't get the option "Change Content".

Sometimes I DO get the "Change Content" option, but usually not. I can't figure out why sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not.

I can elaborate a bit...for some reason, even if the scraped info is wrong, as long as the scraper found something, XBMC seems to think there's no reason to allow the user to "Change Content", thus the contextual menu item is not available.

But if the scraper failed to find anything, the "Change Content" menu item is available.

But that seems weird...if the info is wrong, I need to "Change Content" to access the correct info. But I can't. So if the scraped data is incorrect, but there's no "Change Content" menu item, how is one supposed to actually change the scraper settings to get the correct info?
(2013-05-31, 04:53)chicowoodhill Wrote:
(2013-05-31, 03:31)chicowoodhill Wrote:

I can elaborate a bit...for some reason, even if the scraped info is wrong, as long as the scraper found something, XBMC seems to think there's no reason to allow the user to "Change Content", thus the contextual menu item is not available.

But if the scraper failed to find anything, the "Change Content" menu item is available.

But that seems weird...if the info is wrong, I need to "Change Content" to access the correct info. But I can't. So if the scraped data is incorrect, but there's no "Change Content" menu item, how is one supposed to actually change the scraper settings to get the correct info?

You'd just have to hit movie information -> refresh and there will be options for input / manual select.
(2013-05-31, 10:26)oldpoem Wrote: You'd just have to hit movie information -> refresh and there will be options for input / manual select.

But when I do that, I can't see where I can change scraper settings...

I guess what I'm asking is, if a scraper found something in a given database, say TheMoviedb, but it's wrong or I don't happen to like the info retrieved, how do I change to a different scraper, or edit the scraper options for that particular movie? Hitting "C" (contextual menu) doesn't bring up the "Change Content" menu item if the scraper found something. But if the scraper didn't find anything, then the "Change Content" menu item is available.
You don't choose 'Change content' on individual movies, but on your sources. Highlight your movie source, hit C, it should then be in the context menu. Are your scrapers still showing as broken in the add-ons settings section?
(2013-05-31, 23:16)WeirdH Wrote: You don't choose 'Change content' on individual movies, but on your sources. Highlight your movie source, hit C, it should then be in the context menu.

OK, I know I'm confused here. It seems like I can "change content" on individual movies if the existing scraper didn't pick up any data. In such a case, the "Change Content" menu option appears when context-clicking on the movie. So then I change the settings, and with luck the movie successfully scrapes. But if the movie DID previously pick up some data, the "Change Content" menu option doesn't appear.

Hmmm...maybe here's where my confusion comes from. Based on what you've told me, perhaps hitting C on an unsuccessfully scraped movie is not actually changing scraper settings on a per-movie basis, but rather on a global basis, the same as if I had hit C on the movie source instead of the movie file, as you suggested. But if so, why wouldn't the "Change Content" menu appear for all movie files, not just the ones that didn't scrape any data?

(2013-05-31, 23:16)WeirdH Wrote: Are your scrapers still showing as broken in the add-ons settings section?

No, I have IMDb, The Movie Database, and Universal Scraper all listed as installed and enabled.
imdb one has been broken long time ago and you should not use that as an individual scraper
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-05-31, 23:38)Martijn Wrote: imdb one has been broken long time ago and you should not use that as an individual scraper

Thanks for the info. I remember reading that in the past. However, I haven't been using the IMDB scraper, only the Universal Scraper and The Movie Database scraper. I thought XBMC would notify me that the plugin was broken or invalid? I've had such notifications for other add-ons but not the IMDB scraper...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a movie scraper that works?0