Tvheadend problems and streaming question
Hey all, my current setup is:

Wired HTPC (Linux)
Wired Desktop (Linux)
Wireless Laptop (Linux)
Wireless Laptop (Mac OSX)
Wireless Tablet (Android)
+ Eventually going to add another bedroom HTPC which may or may not be wired

In the desktop computer I have a Hauppage 1250 tv tuner card (although if all works out I may move this to the HTPC).

I have Rogers Digital Cable. In the living room I use an HD PVR, but simply plugging the TV via coax into the wall will result in access to a limited number of non-encrypted channels (around 50 plus a number of radio stations).

I want to be able to access those limited number of channels on the XBMC setups not in my living room.

I setup tvheadend and scanned muxes for services. Around 300 services were found. The problem is that they cannot be mapped to channels as they are unnamed. I named a few manually (as was suggested in another thread) but of what I named all I could find in XBMC were radio stations and encrypted channels which resulted in a descrambler error. Is there any way to map all services, and once mapped is there any way to disable the encrypted channels that I cannot access without a cable box?

Finally, once this is set up properly, is there a way to stream the channels enabled to the other devices on my LAN, or will I need a separate TV tuner in each machine?

SUMMARY OF QUESTIONS:

1) Is there any way to map all services without individually naming each service?

2) Once mapped is there any way to disable the encrypted channels that I cannot access without a cable box?

3) Is there a way to stream the channels enabled to the other devices on my LAN, or will I need a separate TV tuner in each machine?

Thanks in Advance!
1. Most of them will automatically name. Some may correct themselves if you have idle scanning and auto-detect muxes set. Otherwise, you have to name them manually, I'm afraid. I don't know why they're not detected properly (and if someone knows how to correct this, please tell me!).

2. Yes, you can delete the channels. You can also disable the underlying services (in the adapter settings), though I've never checked to see if you can do this *after* a channel has been mapped, or whether you need to do it *before*.

3. tvheadend can stream channels over the LAN to XBMC (simply install and enable the tvheadend PVR addon) or via IP (e.g. to VLC) - the client and the server can be on completely different machines. The way most folks do it in a multi-seat setup is to have one central server with multiple tuners, and then all the clients point to that for their TV signals. That way you've got the best chance of not having a tuner blocked when you need it for something else (assuming the channel you're after is on multiple tuners).
1) Check "Skip service availability check when mapping" in the adapter configuration, that will make it map all services regardless of encryption.

2) You can disable channels from the tvheadend backend (just uncheck the "Enabled" checkbox and hit Save). You may need to reset your PVR database in XBMC for the update to sync.
Thanks for the responses..I finally got back to this and set up the tuner card in my HTPC. I found 319 services, disabled the encrypted ones and manually named the rest and mapped them to channels.

They show up in XBMC but only the radio stations will play (and not very well).

The TV channels keep waiting forever and then coming up with a no input detected error in XBMC.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Can you watch them with VLC? Check for errors in the tvheadend log. Also make sure the user that runs tvheadend (usually "hts" if you installed it from the repository) is a member of the "video" group (run sudo adduser hts video, then restart tvheadend).
Not at home to check the logs right now but I can't watch them in VLC either. I am able to listen to the radio station channels, but anything with video causes an error. I'll have to try the member trick when I get home.
no luck with the adding the user...any other ideas?
Jun 15 03:22:42.598 HTTP: 192.168.0.16: using ticket 8F2FA92B46DFB4F8CA7210DF5DCC9AC03CD67C4A for /stream/channelid/53

Jun 15 03:22:42.598 subscription: No transponder available for subscription "HTTP" to channel "64"

Jun 15 03:22:42.599 webui: Couldn't start streaming /stream/channelid/53?ticket=8F2FA92B46DFB4F8CA7210DF5DCC9AC03CD67C4A, Adapter in use by other subscription

Jun 15 03:22:42.599 subscription: "HTTP" unsubscribing from "64"

Jun 15 03:22:42.601 HTTP: 192.168.0.16: using ticket 8F2FA92B46DFB4F8CA7210DF5DCC9AC03CD67C4A for /stream/channelid/53

Jun 15 03:22:42.601 subscription: No transponder available for subscription "HTTP" to channel "64"

Jun 15 03:22:42.602 webui: Couldn't start streaming /stream/channelid/53?ticket=8F2FA92B46DFB4F8CA7210DF5DCC9AC03CD67C4A, Adapter in use by other subscription

Jun 15 03:22:42.602 subscription: "HTTP" unsubscribing from "64"

Jun 15 03:22:42.608 HTTP: 192.168.0.16: using ticket 8F2FA92B46DFB4F8CA7210DF5DCC9AC03CD67C4A for /stream/channelid/53

Jun 15 03:22:42.608 subscription: No transponder available for subscription "HTTP" to channel "64"

Jun 15 03:22:42.609 webui: Couldn't start streaming /stream/channelid/53?ticket=8F2FA92B46DFB4F8CA7210DF5DCC9AC03CD67C4A, Adapter in use by other subscription

Jun 15 03:22:42.609 subscription: "HTTP" unsubscribing from "64"
Any help?

Also, would a different backend work better?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tvheadend problems and streaming question1