[WinXP] No Audio since nightlys from first may!
With the new nightly's from first may on I get no audio (music and gui sounds). Movies are fine. Tryed everithing to switch in the audio menu but nothing helps. I run xbmc on an old dell laptop latitude d620 audio over the build in soundcard.

When I revert back to nightlies older than the first may it worked again.

Is there a bug or are I miss something?
Seems like something broke for win32. I have no sound from paplayer starting with the may 4 nightlies on win7 en win8, on linux it does work.
The audio settings has been changed considerably. There is no option to specify what kind of decoding is available in the avr and select passthrough device. However video works fine for me, but no sound for songs. Interestingly songs work in my laptop which has only analog out.
By default you no longer get all the audio settings visible, this is due to the new Settings Level feature, therefore to get properly set up you need to unhide the hidden settings to correctly configure XBMC.

While in audio settings see if there's a left side menu that you can open, use left arrow/direction key to get to it, and if you see "Level: Standard" then you have a build with this new feature. Change to "Level: Advanced" so all settings become visible then configure as per wiki AudioEngine/HOW-TO:_Configure_audio (wiki)
(2013-05-11, 16:22)jjd-uk Wrote: By default you no longer get all the audio settings visible, this is due to the new Settings Level feature, therefore to get properly set up you need to unhide the hidden settings to correctly configure XBMC.

While in audio settings see if there's a left side menu that you can open, use left arrow/direction key to get to it, and if you see "Level: Standard" then you have a build with this new feature. Change to "Level: Advanced" so all settings become visible then configure as per wiki AudioEngine/HOW-TO:_Configure_audio (wiki)

nope it's the same here. no audio (win7)

Edit:
dvdplayer works, paplayer is broken. so no mp3 sound
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/21dc...985ea37d92
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Good to know. Should I go back to 12.2? Will I loose all my settings? I'll give it a shot.
Can I make the file edit myself. I couldn't find application.cpp. It must be the raw files before compiling.

Sorry for so many posts. Thanks for letting me know. I went back to 12.2. Its working back again.
The newest nightly from today fixed it. Audio works again. But I have problem with the scrapers...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WinXP] No Audio since nightlys from first may!1