Weather icon switches to "n/a"
Hi,

I've noticed that after watching a video or movie and returning to the main menu the weather icon (top left in Confluence) briefly switches to it's "n/a" value before data is re-fetched from the internet. However, no other weather data is given an n/a type value(eg, temperature, location) so why just the png? And I know that it's not the weather script itself that's doing this because I have logging (in weather.metoffice) enabled and it will report when weather can't be fetched. I also see the same thing happen for Wunderground.

So why does this happen?
Good question, I often see the Weather icon showing a slash (\) which presumably means it has no data or is fetching data... I've often wondered why it doesn't have a cache of data, and only updates the icon once it has new data which should mean the "\" (n/a) is not necessary unless the cache is empty.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I have noticed this to be a new problem in the last days. Given that there was talk about WU servers being hit hard by xbmc, maybe its that? Or maybe we are being cut off or throttled somehow?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
No, it's been like that for months (I'm on Frodo, OE 3.1.5). I suspect it's not so noticeable on x86 kit, as it may be due to some delay while processing new data, but is quite noticeable on a Pi.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
No, it's noticeable on x86 as well, at least Windows. As others have mentioned, that's just a delay while processing new information.
(2013-08-06, 22:29)pkscuot Wrote: As others have mentioned, that's just a delay while processing new information.

But why don't we see the same effect with the other weather fields that are displayed at the same time?
The other fields display bogus/placeholder data (e.g., 32° F or 0° C as temperature) until new data and image are loaded... at least that's how it behaves for me. To me, it's no big deal waiting a few seconds for the weather info to refresh... sort of like waiting for the hourglass, clock or other "busy" indicator to go away.
It's certainly no big deal, but it's also not ideal.
True, it's no big deal, but if you're testing a weather plugin you can get convinced that you're plugin isn't working correctly. This is a feature of XBMC and not the plugins. He states confidently.
Mine's been showing N/A for a few weeks now (since I noticed it) and the 10-day forecast says fetching forecast info. Temperature is all 0.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the add-on but no change, even letting it fetch info for 15min still never changes. It does change the last update day/time to the current date/time.
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV
(2013-08-18, 16:44)THRobinson Wrote: Mine's been showing N/A for a few weeks now (since I noticed it) and the 10-day forecast says fetching forecast info. Temperature is all 0.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the add-on but no change, even letting it fetch info for 15min still never changes. It does change the last update day/time to the current date/time.

maybe due to this?:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116668
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weather icon switches to "n/a"0