Skins for RetroPlayer
The RetroPlayer branch is maturing at a extremely rapid pace, and being that it will require the modification of skins to fully take advantage of all the features it seems like we should outline the needed additions for designers. It also would seem advantageous for users to approach the designer(s) of their favorite skin and encourage them to add support for RetroPlayer.
I hope this is what you mean with this thread.

When I think of the functions needed in the skin, than for me personally it would be important to be able to link different pieces of art to a game. A bit like RCB has now. When you look at the gaming community and other frontends like hyperspin, the following pieces of art are widely available :
- 3D boxscan
- 2D front boxscan
- 2D back boxscan
- Logo
- Title screen
- Ingame screenshot

Linking a preview movie to the games (and displaying this while browsing the games) is also a must.

It would also be nice to be able to link PDF files to a game, for the manual eg. Using the now standard XBMC functionality.

And also, it would be cool to be able to have a sort of front menu in which you could select the system, like it is possible now in advanced launcher, with a preview movie (the commercial) of a system, system info, system fanart ... When this is selected, you enter the game rom collection ...

That's it for now.

Man, I'm so looking forward to this!
Actually what I meant was that there are a lot of skins out there; Aeon, Confluence, Touched, Quartz, etc. We need to get the developers of these skins to make additions/changes to their skins to support the added functions of RetroPlayer.

You could start a separate thread for RetroPlayer skin feature suggestions and put a wish list of additional features you would like to see.
This is not development related. So moving it.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-05-11, 19:47)Martijn Wrote: This is not development related. So moving it.

Thanks, good call

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skins for RetroPlayer1