Need a new Heatsink for my G860
I'm finally sick of it. The stock Intel heatsink on the G860 drives me crazy as it's way too loud. I've searched all over the place and it seems most of the common ITX replacement HSF are either discontinued or stupid expensive, ie 40.00 or more. I'm not spending as much on the HSF as I did on the proc.

I just want something that isn't that much larger than stock, I don't care if it cools a little less, I just want it to be quieter. A LOT quieter. I have a really short ITX case and nothing that much taller will fit and I'm running a gfx card as well.

Any ideas?
XBMC specs: MINIX U9-H LibreELEC 4K all day

Home Theater - Samsung 65KS8000 - Denon 3200- Ascend Acoustics speakers - Maelstrom 18in sealed sub 7cu ft - Behringer EP2500

UNraid Server – Pentium G3258 – MSI - H81M-P33 – Antec HCG-400M PS - 8Gb RAM
Specs on mobo and so forth would be nice to have. Good/silent heatsinks äre a bit pricey though but maybe you could adjust the rpm in BIOS?
(2013-05-11, 21:07)Christer K Wrote: Specs on mobo and so forth would be nice to have. Good/silent heatsinks äre a bit pricey though but maybe you could adjust the rpm in BIOS?

Specs are in my sig, I already have it running as slow as the bios will let me.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6856119065

Home Theater - Samsung 65KS8000 - Denon 3200- Ascend Acoustics speakers - Maelstrom 18in sealed sub 7cu ft - Behringer EP2500

For our Intel barebones builds I use the Dynatron T459. It's the best balance of cooling, quiet and price of all the various low-profile coolers I've tried.
I just picked up a Cooler Master gemin cooler for about 30 bucks. It has a low profile design and a 120mm fan. It is silent. I can't hear it even when I try. I'm on my phone so I can't post a link but Google should find it. There are a few different models but only one low profile. I highly recommend it.
Thank you for the suggestions I'll check them out!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need a new Heatsink for my G8600