Need help with widget
I'm having a problem with movie menu classic widget showing thumbnails instead of fanart, What I want to know is can I switch back to fanart without deleting my thumbnails. Also classic widget fanart used to show before I updated to Frodo.
If the problem is only on the widget, and not in library mode, have you tried just removing the widget and adding it again?
I tried removing it and adding random movies widget back but thumbnails still showed up for movies that I have thumbnails for
Sorry for the late reply

This is what I want all the time, the fanart in the widget.

This is what I get when I have thumbnails for some movies.

So I want to be able to turn thumbnails off for widgets without deleting my thumbnails
OK, this will require a tiny bit of coding on your part, 'cause there is no such option available. Keep in mind, though, that whenever the skin gets updated these changes will be lost, and you'll have to do them again.

- Open the file: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\1080i\variables.xml

- Search for "ClassicWidgetImageVar" and "ClassicWidget2ImageVar", they should be close to each other, like this:
PHP Code:
<variable name="ClassicWidgetImageVar">
        <
value condition="[Substring(Control.GetLabel(4321),tv) | Substring(Control.GetLabel(4321),movie)] + !IsEmpty(Container(8000).ListItem.Property(Landscape))">$INFO[Container(8000).ListItem.Property(Landscape)]</value>
        <
value condition="[Substring(Control.GetLabel(4321),movie) | Substring(Control.GetLabel(4321),musicvideo)] + !IsEmpty(Container(8000).ListItem.Property(Fanart))">$INFO[Container(8000).ListItem.Property(Fanart)]</value>
        <
value>$INFO[Container(8000).ListItem.Icon]</value>
    </
variable>
    <
variable name="ClassicWidget2ImageVar">
        <
value condition="[Substring(Control.GetLabel(4325),tv) | Substring(Control.GetLabel(4325),movie)] + !IsEmpty(Container(7000).ListItem.Property(Landscape))">$INFO[Container(7000).ListItem.Property(Landscape)]</value>
        <
value condition="[Substring(Control.GetLabel(4325),movie) | Substring(Control.GetLabel(4325),musicvideo)] + !IsEmpty(Container(7000).ListItem.Property(Fanart))">$INFO[Container(7000).ListItem.Property(Fanart)]</value>
        <
value>$INFO[Container(7000).ListItem.Icon]</value>
    </
variable

- Delete the two lines that have "Landscape" in the end, so, basically, change the above code to this:
PHP Code:
<variable name="ClassicWidgetImageVar">
        <
value condition="[Substring(Control.GetLabel(4321),movie) | Substring(Control.GetLabel(4321),musicvideo)] + !IsEmpty(Container(8000).ListItem.Property(Fanart))">$INFO[Container(8000).ListItem.Property(Fanart)]</value>
        <
value>$INFO[Container(8000).ListItem.Icon]</value>
    </
variable>
    <
variable name="ClassicWidget2ImageVar">
        <
value condition="[Substring(Control.GetLabel(4325),movie) | Substring(Control.GetLabel(4325),musicvideo)] + !IsEmpty(Container(7000).ListItem.Property(Fanart))">$INFO[Container(7000).ListItem.Property(Fanart)]</value>
        <
value>$INFO[Container(7000).ListItem.Icon]</value>
    </
variable

- Save the file and exit.
Thanks that worked

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help with widget0