As there is no working solution available for Frodo (at least I found none) I hope my addon can fill the gap:
script that saves and restores the watched state of movies and tv episodes.
Project page with zip-download:
Wiki-Page with installation manual:
- only clean access of XBMC database with JSON-RPC. No "dirty" manual database opening or reading xml files.
- starts as a service in autostart and repeats periodically
- automatic backup of addon database
- no user interaction needed
- addon database (SQLite) is easy to edit, in case wrong watched states are stored
the script only communicates with notifications. More pictures in the wiki.
This addon was only tested under Frodo 12.1 on two clients. Feedback would be great:
If this works I plan to add it to the official repository.