Linux Help in Antelope, CA, US
I googled the chip set and found were others have made it work. Now I just need to get internet access so I can work on the instructions. If any one else has an easy way to do it the chip set is SIL3114
The first problem is "Antelope". Just say "Sacramento".

From your syntax I'm guessing you are Russian or Ukrainian? There's an XBMC.ru Russian language forum as well.
Nope Italian, born and raise here in cali
Now is there a way to just run a program or command line to update drivers?
please reboot the machine and then type:

(if you haven't already installed pastebinit)
apt-get install pastebinit
dmesg|pastebinit
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-05-20, 06:05)nickr Wrote: please reboot the machine and then type:

(if you haven't already installed pastebinit)
apt-get install pastebinit
dmesg|pastebinit

I have the box packed up I'm taking it to my mothers tomorrow to work on it with the net, I'll keep you posted.
Yeah sorry forgot you don't have net access.

You do realise you can share your android's 3G connection with wireless computers? (Dunno if your machine has a wireless card, and be careful, you don't want to be using it a lot if your data is expensive, which 3G generally is).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
E: could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (13:permision denied)
E: unable to lock administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), are you root?
(2013-05-20, 06:05)nickr Wrote: apt-get install pastebinit
dmesg|pastebinit
Should be "sudo apt-get install pastebinit". Then type your password when prompted.
thank you

how do I delete my password?

Now what do I do? Should I restart?
Paste the link pastebinit reported after you ran dmesg|pastebinit.
http://paste.ubuntu.com/5684670
That shows 3 disks, sda, sdb and sdc. None of them seem to show partitions (sda1, sda2 etc). My dmesg shows, for example:

Code:
nick@envy ~ $ dmesg|grep sda
[    3.664611] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] 1465149168 512-byte logical blocks: (750 GB/698 GiB)
[    3.664615] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] 4096-byte physical blocks
[    3.664847] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Write Protect is off
[    3.664850] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Mode Sense: 00 3a 00 00
[    3.664956] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Write cache: enabled, read cache: enabled, doesn't support DPO or FUA
[    3.723377]  sda: sda1 sda2 sda3 < sda5 sda6 >
[    3.724633] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI disk
should be 4 discs; 160gb, 2tb, 1tb, 1tb.

How do I partition them?
Are these brand new never used disks?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help in Antelope, CA, US0