Win Program to launch XBMC with Xbox 360 guide button
@Fletch2099 Your Program runs fine with the Guide Button. But when I disconnect the controller while the program is running the Alt F4 feature will be activated in a Loop ?

I have also my new Version uploaded with Guide Button support. You can download it here...
http://joystartend.npage.de
It happens when you unplug the controller ejecting the device from windows first or just when you unplug it?

I have no problem with a wireless controller when it turns off by itself when I'm not using it.
I don't have a wired controler to make a test yet but I'll try to take a look on that once I'll get one.

Meawhile I suggest you kill the guidecall.exe process before unplug the controler.
If unplug your usb controler is something you make often, I suggest you to make batch with a taskill command.

I saw your program, I used a translator to understand what it does and it seems fine, and you're welcome for the idea.
I'm having a problem getting Mame64 to recognize this program. Here is my setup, Win7 64bit, running Rom Collection Browser to launch Mame64. All this has been setup and works great. However, I haven't found a way to exit out of Mame64 using an Xbox 360 wireless controller.

Your program looks like it would work wonders, but when I assign the Guide button to ESC (to exit Mame64), nothing happens. I've also tried Alt+F4, which also didn't work. I've ran your program as an administrator, and have full permissions, and it appears that ESC is being sent via the Guide button, yet it doesn't work for Mame64. However, if I press the ESC button on my Keyboard, Mame64 exits no problem.

Any thoughts on this, or something I could try differently?
well you can try to select the alt f4 option then open a simple window and see if it works. You can also try the custom option in the configurator and launch any program you want to make a test and let me know if it works. This should help me to see if there is some compatibility issue whith mame or if there is a problem is my program.
ok just checked that and there is a bug with the ESC key, this is a programing language bug, ther's not a lot I can do. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. Please do the tests I suggested this mornig anyway in case of it's something else.
There is a workaround, in the 1.2 version you will have the possibiliy to end any program you want so instead of send ESC you will be able to end the mame program directly.

I juste finished it, you can find it here Guidecall 1.2.rar - 1.1 MB

please uninstall the 1.1 and reboot your pc, then run the cleaner.exe I provided before install it. I have to go to another country for a couple of weeks for my job so I won't able to respond or do new versions.
A shame, that this great tool nearly got ignored.
I'm using 1.2 with XBMC and RCB in combination with XBMCLauncher and it's working great most of the time.
But sometimes after RCB's XBMC restart script, when you have enabled 2 wireless X360 controllers the controller get switched (so that means player 1 = player 2, even the green circle is still on position 1!) and the Alt+F4 call by Guidecall only works on the first controller. Could you enable it, to work with more than just one controller? And I would also love to see a timer function, so that the emulator won't quit, if you accidentally press the guide button, only after holding it for 2 or 3 seconds.
Hi and thank you,
The workaround used won't work for two controlers, there is nothing I can do about it because the controller id is not returned when you press the guide button. For the timer, it's a good idea, I put that in my todo list for the next release.
First of all, thanks for this. This little application has been probably the most useful thing I've downloaded for my HTPC setup - really.

The timer is definitely one of the top things I was looking for before I found this app, I'd put it at #1 for desirability in possible functionalities to add.
Another would be the ability to call a .bat file as well as .exe? I made a simple taskkill bat script because one of my emulators didn't close with alt+f4 for some reason (cant remember which one edit: it was PCSX2) and found that I had to convert that to exe which took a bit longer than I thought it would.
Also, I remember a while ago on reddit, somebody posted this in /r/HTPC http://imgur.com/UTQgo - a simple gui interface that wouldnt be hard to recreate - perhaps you could consider something like this? I started working on one in C# and while it isn't taking long, I don't know that I'd ever release it on its own - being integrated into your application would be much better I think.
Obviously the setup I'm working towards is a sort of inspired-by-the-360-menu "holding the guide button brings up a gui interface with a few options including opening xbmc, opening steam, killing current program, etc."
I will take a look on my code if there is a option to return the id of the 2 controller...
You should also add a logical Guidebutton function for these states.....I have put it in my program below and find it very usfull...

State:
-XBMC running, no Emulator started :
The Guidebutton(press 2 Seconds) ends XBMC !

-XBMC running, Emulator started:
The Guidebutton(press 2 seconds) resumes to XBMC !

-XBMC is not running, Emulator not started :
The Guidebutton(no timer) starts XBMC !

-XBMC is not running,Emulator is started :
Guidebutton(press 2 seconds) ends Emulator !

You can check and close the programs by using the processID Functions of the Microsoft API.....

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...bmcwatcher
(2014-02-09, 04:07)hunter2 Wrote: First of all, thanks for this. This little application has been probably the most useful thing I've downloaded for my HTPC setup - really.

The timer is definitely one of the top things I was looking for before I found this app, I'd put it at #1 for desirability in possible functionalities to add.
Another would be the ability to call a .bat file as well as .exe? I made a simple taskkill bat script because one of my emulators didn't close with alt+f4 for some reason (cant remember which one edit: it was PCSX2) and found that I had to convert that to exe which took a bit longer than I thought it would.
Also, I remember a while ago on reddit, somebody posted this in /r/HTPC http://imgur.com/UTQgo - a simple gui interface that wouldnt be hard to recreate - perhaps you could consider something like this? I started working on one in C# and while it isn't taking long, I don't know that I'd ever release it on its own - being integrated into your application would be much better I think.
Obviously the setup I'm working towards is a sort of inspired-by-the-360-menu "holding the guide button brings up a gui interface with a few options including opening xbmc, opening steam, killing current program, etc."

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestions.

I already started to figure out how to make the timer.

With the last version you don't need a taskkill batch, you can end any program you want selecting the exe.
Launch the configurator then select "End a specific program", then select PcSX2.exe.

You can select "custom program" and select your gui exe if you make one, the program is really open so you can launch or close any program you want, including your gui.

Since each emulator has it's way to end Esc/alf F4/Esc then Alf F4, The easy way to cover all possibily is a menu/gui, I agree. But I just have an idea that should fix all those problems without gui.

My objective since in the beguining was to make one allowing you to kill emulators, use skype for vocal chat, to play music, but launch a program then give it the focus is not clean to me, I wanted to make it appear in overlay and I haven't found how to do it until now. If someone want to work on it with me, send me a pm.

For now I'll try to do the timer for the next realease and to integrate my solution for the emulators.
(2014-02-10, 11:58)Fletch2099 Wrote: Hi,

Thank you for your suggestions.

I already started to figure out how to make the timer.

With the last version you don't need a taskkill batch, you can end any program you want selecting the exe.
Launch the configurator then select "End a specific program", then select PcSX2.exe.

You can select "custom program" and select your gui exe if you make one, the program is really open so you can launch or close any program you want, including your gui.

Since each emulator has it's way to end Esc/alf F4/Esc then Alf F4, The easy way to cover all possibily is a menu/gui, I agree. But I just have an idea that should fix all those problems without gui.

My objective since in the beguining was to make one allowing you to kill emulators, use skype for vocal chat, to play music, but launch a program then give it the focus is not clean to me, I wanted to make it appear in overlay and I haven't found how to do it until now. If someone want to work on it with me, send me a pm.

For now I'll try to do the timer for the next realease and to integrate my solution for the emulators.
The reason for the batch file wasn't because I couldn't end PCSX2 with the kill specific process function, it was because I couldn't kill all of my emulators with a single button, regardless of what was open. It also makes sure that only emulators are being killed and I don't accidentally alt+f4 skype - that's useful.

The custom program going into my gui is exactly what I'm doing now, the bat solution was only there for the first few days I was playing around with it and I have integrated the functionality to my gui

I don't know what you mean by "launch a program then give it the focus" but it sounds like that can easily be solved with either process.MainWindowHandle or SetWindowPos. I currently have my gui appearing on my second monitor and having predefined hotkeys (lefttrigger+A=launch kill emulator batch script, left trigger+y=load xbmc, etc) along with the obvious selecting by direction buttons.
@Fletch2099 - I see that you added the ability to launch anything using the guide button, I had been hoping for this option to launch Steam with the controller.
Glad you enjoy it Spyder Smile
@hunter if you have 2 monitors it's very usefull indeed.
But for people with only 1, I think it's not clean. With this, the result is you force windows to give the focus and then you have to set the program to give it back because it's useless if you need to use mouse or keyboard. I tried when I started to code guidecall, it's really easy to do with autoit but I was not conviced by the result.

Anyway, for the specific end emulators ehancement, you will have the possibility to select any program you want (up to 10) and when you will press the guide button, it will check if each program is in memory and if it is, it will kill it. So no need for a gui for that.

Meanwhile, you can try to edit the path.ini in the guidecall folder and edit the torun section.
Instead of, for instance:
[Torun]
path=C:\guidecall\ALTF4.exe

try:
[Torun]
path=C:\guidecall\mybatch.bat

I don't garantee It will work (I don't have time to test it), but it should. If not, the only way is to convert your batch to exe.
So, I decided to set this up and when clicking the link I get a 'Reported attack page!' warning. This is using an android tablet(Firefox), and that has never come up. I'm guessing this just a false positive(only one to report it), but the host you chose is one I'm not familiar with, so I'm not taking any chances.
(2014-02-12, 00:48)spyder Wrote: So, I decided to set this up and when clicking the link I get a 'Reported attack page!' warning. This is using an android tablet(Firefox), and that has never come up. I'm guessing this just a false positive(only one to report it), but the host you chose is one I'm not familiar with, so I'm not taking any chances.

try that http://n0kco82gcd.1fichier.com/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Program to launch XBMC with Xbox 360 guide button1