Win Program to launch XBMC with Xbox 360 guide button
Hey there!
Since some time, I always get a "Windows Shutdown" popup in a loop (because it triggers ALT+F4 even throug my Controller is offline), when I switch to Windows without having enabled the controller for 1 time.
Kinda sounds like a problem 3dhubiflieger described before. I'm using XBMC Launcher as a shell and Win 8.1.
If there's anything more you would like to know, just ask.
well I haven't windows 8 so I can't make test but If It's not the behavior you had in the beguining try to check if you installed or modified something that can cause that.
Because Esc or att f4 are used for emulators, In the new version you won't have the ability to do that but the program will check if the emulator/program/process you selected is in memory. It will remove all those bug and improve windows 8 compatibility.
I experience big trouble to find how to do the held button feature, that is easy to do with a regular button but not with the hidden guide button so I don't know when the new version will be released.
I can wait, since the bug only occurs sometimes, so that means it could have happened before (or since the start), but I didn't do a lot in Windows since installing it, so I probably just didn't noticed it... really dunno, since I only installed gfx drivers and new versions of XBMC, so I think it could probably be a Win8 problem itself.
hi,

thanks for this great app!

is it possible to add different mapping for guide button on controller number 2?

thanks!
any way to use it with a combination of buttons?. would be awesome to set up to work on something like Guide+LT/Guide+RT/Guide+RT+LT, something like that. i currently use XboxExt to turn off my controller when i'm not playing, so with something like that, it wouldn't conflict with it..
you could also use this button combinations to launch or close specific apps. Smile
Hi,

I'm very interested in seeing how you made this app possible. Would you mind sharing the source code?

I've seen this, and I'm guessing you've done some similar hack. I'm very interested in seeing how you solved this riddle.

https://code.google.com/p/x360ce/issues/detail?id=417
There is another Author with the same Idea: Anathan. But he will not continue his project because of to small responding.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=196447

I also have the same project:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=182296

If you want the Sourcecode for the Guidefunctionprocedure you can write me at [email protected]
Hello everybody. I want to emulate keys W and G by that program both like kinda ALT+F4 how to do that ? pls help guuuys
this is not fully dead but I never found how to hold the button for several seconds,
so when I'll have time figure it out, I'll work on a new version, as I said, I take my time.

plus I wanted to make it work on a xbox one wireless controler but it has not been realeased yet on pc (Microsoft doesn't released the wireless adaptor)

You're of course free to use another programs from people you had the same idea after me lol
Hey
Any chance to implement some kind of exception "when program x runs, don't use guide call?
Think there are a couple of people running XBMC with the Steam Launcher addon, to switch seamlessly between XBMC and Steam big Picture.
The Problem: Steam big Picture also uses the Guide Button for its ingame overlay. So it would be great to make guide call only start XBMC when Steam is not running.

Thanks for your great tool at all!
Regards
When pressing guide (PS Button on my controller) I only get Xbox logo and click for help.

It is a PS3 controller using Better DS3 but with the Xbox mapping and it gets recognized as an Xbox controller in every game and in Windows so I dont think thats the problem but I could be wrong.
Does anyone still have a copy of this they could reupload or email to me? I'd really like to try it but the download link no longer works.
It's OK I found a copy here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/73p8nx...ll+1.2.rar

I like to use a wireless xbox 360 pad with my HTPC to control kodi. This software combined with launcherforkodi + "turnoffxboxcontroller" makes for a perfect HTPC remote control solution. I can turn off the pad and the touch of the guide button to ensure no mispresses while watching a video and also save battery Smile

http://sourceforge.net/projects/turnoffxboxcontroller/

A really neat solution - big thanks for the OP for putting this up.
Thanks for the Off program for the xbox controller!

I couldn't download the mapper program though with your link. Does anyone else have a link that works?
Thank you very much for Guidecall. It's awesome. However I upgraded to Windows 10 and it stopped working.

Is there a way to make this work for Windows 10?

thanks a lot guys

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Program to launch XBMC with Xbox 360 guide button1