Linux Gamepad is recognized differently based on user session
Hello XBMC community,

I'm using XBMC for some time and allways loved, that my Rumblepad 2 gets detected and works right away. But now I've got a problem which drives me crazy.

When I start xbmc with xinit xbmc-standalone as user xbmc my gamepad gets detected with 6 axis 0 hat and the sensitivity is so high, that I can't navigate xbmc.

XBMC Log:

02:20:13 T:139961823291264 NOTICE: Enabled Joystick: Logitech Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2
02:20:13 T:139961823291264 NOTICE: Details: Total Axis: 6 Total Hats: 0 Total Buttons: 12

I have allready tested a lot and could reproduce this problem, but I'm not sure why this happens. I am logged in with root by ssh and I start xbmc with an init script which calls start-stop-deamon startx as given user, my .xinitrc lauches ck-lauch-session xbmc

When I login with xbmc locally or with su xbmc and then start xbmc from the root shell everything works, the gamepad gets detected as Total Axis 4 Total Hats: 1 and it works like a charm.

02:20:13 T:139961823291264 NOTICE: Enabled Joystick: Logitech Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2
02:20:13 T:139961823291264 NOTICE: Details: Total Axis: 4 Total Hats: 1 Total Buttons: 12

It does not work if I collect to the machine with ssh user xbmc ( but it works with ssh root -> su xbmc )

It really only seems to matter if there is an existing session from the user xbmc or not.

I also noticed, that if the gamepad is detected incorrectly the suspend and hibernate options in the exit menu are missing, but I fixed that by added access with policykit-1, did not help with xbmc though

I'm using Ubuntu 13.04x64 but i'm sure it also happens in previous version. I am also aware, that it is more of a system problem than xbmc, but someone might recognize the disease from this symptoms and can help me.

Thank you for ready in advance.

Ilithya

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gamepad is recognized differently based on user session0