[Visson ATV-102 1Gb] Linux XBMC build
(2013-05-23, 18:07)jevgenijo Wrote: Wow, good job! Would love to test your release for Prometheus Wink
I was pretty sure that the model number for Prometheus was ATV-106, not the ATV-103 Huh

Sorry, my mistake, it's ATV-106 Smile
Hai stane...
is there any tool or procedure for creating Bootable SD card & recovery bootable SD card using linux like Ubuntu. the amlogic tool for SD card creation is working exclusively in XP only. or does in have a linux variant.

PS: cant wait until my debug console reaches. kind of excited with studying and understanding linux portng and cool stuffs. Spending most hours in internet to understand SBCs and their booting and working process... I am thriled... Want to try cool stuffs and stay updated...

thanks for introducing to the coolest section of embedded electronics....
(2013-05-25, 18:04)antonymathew Wrote: Hai stane...
is there any tool or procedure for creating Bootable SD card & recovery bootable SD card using linux like Ubuntu. the amlogic tool for SD card creation is working exclusively in XP only. or does in have a linux variant.

PS: cant wait until my debug console reaches. kind of excited with studying and understanding linux portng and cool stuffs. Spending most hours in internet to understand SBCs and their booting and working process... I am thriled... Want to try cool stuffs and stay updated...

thanks for introducing to the coolest section of embedded electronics....

Hi,

sure Smile

Let's say that your sdcard is /dev/sdc and you're using Ubuntu distro:

Code:
Unmount your current partition by hitting
sudo umount /dev/sdc1

sudo dd if=bootloader.bin of=/dev/sdc bs=640b
sudo fdisk /dev/sdc

in fdisk you should hit u and [enter] if on newer distros to use cylinders as display/entry values

d to delete old partition
n which creates new partiton, you would be asked which partition number, say [b]1[/b]
You'll be asked to enter start cylinder of partition, enter 3 instead of 1 which is default
t to select type of partition, after that enter b to select fat32 filesystem
w to write changes and exit fdisk

sudo mkfs.msdos /dev/sdc1

That's it, mount your sdcard again and copy all your files to it.

I'll make changes to document and send to j1nx an update (cause he's hosting my tutorial how to make recovery sdcard on windows+linux).
hi stane... ur suggestions are helping a lot.. here comes some new doubts.. Smile
rather than buying one i have modified my old Nokia DKU-5 datacable (nokia CA-42 can also be used )to a USB-UART console.. it is 3.3v compatible with a prolific 2303 chip with perfect driver support.
I have checked it correctly on loopback mode and also with a my Rasp Pi at 115200 baud rate.
please help me with the configuration for our board. like baudrate, packet size, parity , stop bit etc...
What is the method to interrupt the boot process to issue U-boot commands...

thanks & regards
antony mathew
hi all...
The following settings worked for me...
baud :- 115200
parity :- none
stop :- 1 bit
ASCII encoding

with local echo off
i used minicom on UBUNTU linux

And got a Vplay Prompt...
Hurray.....
Hi everyone,

sorry for delay. I believe this download I can share with you:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/okvm9y163rjl3f...02-1gb.zip

XBMC Frodo 12.0 based on Pivos sources, made for Visson ATV-102 (1GB RAM board).

Bootloader will also be updated, CVBS still doesn't work (but might) in this release.
thanks stane.. will check it soon and update...
Hi stane,
When you think the CVBS will be fixed? Any idea?
Do you have any other firmware where CVBS works? I don't have the original firmware and visson didn't reply my emails.
Thanks for your efforts. Smile
(2013-06-21, 16:41)lehepa Wrote: Hi stane,
Do you have any other firmware where CVBS works? I don't have the original firmware and visson didn't reply my emails.

Hi,

I wasn't around for awhile. CVBS is WIP and not high on my priority list. Some work has been made but still not ready.
(2013-06-30, 21:05)stane1983 Wrote:
(2013-06-21, 16:41)lehepa Wrote: Hi stane,

Hi,

I wasn't around for awhile. CVBS is WIP and not high on my priority list. Some work has been made but still not ready.

Ok. Thanks. I'll wait for it.
Hi Stan,

I got here since J1nx told me that you are looking into a built which should handle the A/V output as well. Is that right? I got the g-box midnight 2.2 and I am looking to connect it to an old tv with only A/V (or scart) input. Can you help?
(2013-07-10, 12:34)nirooshan Wrote: Hi Stan,

I got here since J1nx told me that you are looking into a built which should handle the A/V output as well. Is that right? I got the g-box midnight 2.2 and I am looking to connect it to an old tv with only A/V (or scart) input. Can you help?

Hi, yes I'm working on that, but so far w/o much success with public released kernels (osd, mali drivers old etc). I will give it a try with unreleased kernels that comes with amlogic android sources. For now, my concern is finding opengl framebuffer linux libs for api level 14 that will work with linux. After that, cloning hdmi output to cvbs should work fine.
Hi Stan,
I give a try to the latest build of yours and I'm very pleased with your work. I also look on connecting ATV box to the old TV via A/V output.

I can switch tvout to 567i mode quite easily after xbmc startup. It's just a matter of writing "576i" to /sys/class/display/tvmode. After that set, I can see top left part of the xbmc screen.

Unfortunately I cannot figure out how to convince xbmc to use whatever mode is set, it always switch to 720p. I tried to set some scaling to tvout and set framebuffer to 1280x720 mode so xbmc was happy and I see scaled down version on tvout. But when playing video it get messed up (probably video scaling is done with same scalers I used to scale framebuffer to tv out)

Is there some way to force xbmc to use current framebuffer resolution?
(2013-07-10, 16:56)stane1983 Wrote:
(2013-07-10, 12:34)nirooshan Wrote: Hi Stan,

Hi, yes I'm working on that, but so far w/o much success with public released kernels (osd, mali drivers old etc). I will give it a try with unreleased kernels that comes with amlogic android sources. For now, my concern is finding opengl framebuffer linux libs for api level 14 that will work with linux. After that, cloning hdmi output to cvbs should work fine.

Ok cool, looking forward to it.
hi stane and others....
I am now trying to build linux for vissontech atv-102 1gb variant. I have the arc32-gcc and also linux-aebi toolchains with me. Also linux source from pivos from github. Am i on right track here.. ? also which config should i be using to build linux. is it meson3-defconfig. please pardom if i am asking too basic things... I am midst of the huge linux development environment.. still a starter...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Visson ATV-102 1Gb] Linux XBMC build1