Solved Show background + fanart on movie folder focus?
Hi, in previous version (eden)
Focusing in the movie folder shows the fanart, background and all movie informations,
But now when i try Frodo, we have to focus on the movie file to show it..

e.g

Avengers (2012)
- Avengers.avi

Focusing on Avengers (2012) doesn't show anything,
i have to do it on Avengers.avi to show the background and other movie infos..

How do i change this behavior?

focusing on "despicable me (2010)" folder supposed to show the movie fanart
Use library mode instead of file mode.
(2013-05-13, 11:03)Kibje Wrote: Use library mode instead of file mode.

I intentionally use favourites / file mode because some movies just don't have metadata..
it used to work even if it's in favourites mode,

i just rescan the content and i think it has something to do with where and how you scrap the metadata
I have the same issue. This has nothing to do with mode. I used Frodo beta version and I didnt have to click on the filename for it to show movie info. I upgraded to non beta and reset my SQL database from scratch and had the same issue you are having.

I have asked before but no one seems to know what would cause this. Interestingly my TV Shows I don't have to click on the filename the folder works fine.
(2013-05-15, 07:19)jesse003 Wrote: I have the same issue. This has nothing to do with mode. I used Frodo beta version and I didnt have to click on the filename for it to show movie info. I upgraded to non beta and reset my SQL database from scratch and had the same issue you are having.

I have asked before but no one seems to know what would cause this. Interestingly my TV Shows I don't have to click on the filename the folder works fine.

Guess i'm not the only one,
What i had to do to make it work was rescrapping from the movie folder,
so yes you have to right click and scan from the movie folder,
if it works this way then it's gonna be very troublesome cause i have like 2000+ movies..

Any fix for this?
Btw which beta version did you use?

Edit : i've submitted a ticket for this

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14336
I think it was RC2.

I just figured out the issue for me. I was not in library mode for movies but I was for TV series. Now this might seem like I'm stupid for not figuring this out. But somewhere along the way the option to toggle library mode in the left hand side popout menu was removedHuh Which just happened to be when I was in file mode or whatever non library mode is. Rescanning didnt fix it for me I even deleted my databases.

To turn on library mode now. Move your mouse or controller over the movies section and its one of the little tabs before you go into the movies. This option can be turned off and on under settings so if you don't see it you may need to turn it on.

Is there a way to get the library button on the pop out left hand side menu or is that gone now?
(2013-05-18, 03:00)jesse003 Wrote: I think it was RC2.

I just figured out the issue for me. I was not in library mode for movies but I was for TV series. Now this might seem like I'm stupid for not figuring this out. But somewhere along the way the option to toggle library mode in the left hand side popout menu was removedHuh Which just happened to be when I was in file mode or whatever non library mode is. Rescanning didnt fix it for me I even deleted my databases.

To turn on library mode now. Move your mouse or controller over the movies section and its one of the little tabs before you go into the movies. This option can be turned off and on under settings so if you don't see it you may need to turn it on.

Is there a way to get the library button on the pop out left hand side menu or is that gone now?

Unfortunately, library mode is not an option for me, as i've said above..
Not all movies have metadata, so i have to use favourite mode..

Thing is, on previous version (Eden) this problem didn't occur even on favourites mode.
So i'm sure it has something to do with version changes
(2013-05-18, 04:17)denywinarto Wrote: Unfortunately, library mode is not an option for me, as i've said above..

Thing is, on previous version (Eden) this problem didn't occur even on favourites mode.
If the movies don't have metadata it is because you haven't added it to themoviedb.org yet.

If it is something like a home movie, which is pointless to put on themoviedb then you can use nfo files.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-05-18, 06:05)nickr Wrote:
(2013-05-18, 04:17)denywinarto Wrote: Unfortunately, library mode is not an option for me, as i've said above..

If the movies don't have metadata it is because you haven't added it to themoviedb.org yet.

If it is something like a home movie, which is pointless to put on themoviedb then you can use nfo files.

I'm not planning on contributing metadata.
I have tons of Asian movies that don't have metadata.
This is why i prefer Favourite mode, it is more flexible cos library mode hides movie without metadata.
Oh I get what you mean now. Our problems slightly different, but also I have the same issue as yourself. Occasionally I have a few movies or whatever that I just cant find metadata for. Would be great if there was a way to toggle these on and off among all other movies or even have their own separate section ie Movies ... TV shows ..... Other.

Having to add an nfo for each one is just annoying, it can just use the folder or file name.

P.S how do you bring up favorites mode? I have the little star down the bottom but its not what you are showing. Let me know how to access that and I will test it on mine.
(2013-05-18, 06:08)denywinarto Wrote: I'm not planning on contributing metadata.
This is why i prefer Favourite mode, it is more flexible cos library mode hides movie without metadata.
That's just selfish. XBMC is a community project that relies on other community projects like themoviedb. Perhaps you might like to rethink that attitude.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-05-18, 06:33)jesse003 Wrote: Oh I get what you mean now. Our problems slightly different, but also I have the same issue as yourself. Occasionally I have a few movies or whatever that I just cant find metadata for. Would be great if there was a way to toggle these on and off among all other movies or even have their own separate section ie Movies ... TV shows ..... Other.

Having to add an nfo for each one is just annoying, it can just use the folder or file name.

P.S how do you bring up favorites mode? I have the little star down the bottom but its not what you are showing. Let me know how to access that and I will test it on mine.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Favourites

It depends on your skin i think.
Try going to the settings > Favourites to set it up properly

(2013-05-18, 07:33)nickr Wrote:
(2013-05-18, 06:08)denywinarto Wrote: I'm not planning on contributing metadata.
That's just selfish. XBMC is a community project that relies on other community projects like themoviedb. Perhaps you might like to rethink that attitude.

What the?
I think you should learn thinking from other people's point of view before calling people selfish,
that just shows how immature you are.
Maybe you come from a country where the movies are properly organized,
and there's people working constantly to create metadatas.

In my country we have tons of movies (not to mention Tv shows).
And i have 231 classic movies WITHOUT metadata.
it takes a group effort to organize them

So there are 2 options here :
- Create hundreds, maybe thousands metadata
- Or simply make xbmc display the movies without metadata
Which one is in easier?

I only ask if there's a way to revert back the MovieNav.xml behaviour back to Eden

If you don't want to help me that's fine, but don't ignorantly flame people like that.

Perhaps you don't understand what he wants to do or not do. He has a valid request and I am sure there is a way to make it work as it worked in older versions. I personally have the share meta data selected but I should probably turn it off because I dunno if my custom setup ones reflect the real data. I have just made it so it displays the file name in most cases, which is often unreadable to someone who doesnt know what it is.

(2013-05-18, 07:52)denywinarto Wrote: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Favourites

So you add every file to favorites? Or does your skin have a bunch of options for favorites(default skin just shows a list with a small image of the movie cover which is working fine, there is no option to display background fanart)? I personally just use the default skin otherwise all sorts of things break in the menu's etc especially if the skin is not kept upto date with the latest release of xbmc. Check the compatibility of your skin. It could be the issue.
(2013-05-18, 07:52)denywinarto Wrote:
(2013-05-18, 06:33)jesse003 Wrote: Oh I get what you mean now. Our problems slightly different, but also I have the same issue as yourself. Occasionally I have a few movies or whatever that I just cant find metadata for. Would be great if there was a way to toggle these on and off among all other movies or even have their own separate section ie Movies ... TV shows ..... Other.

What the?
I think you should learn thinking from other people's point of view before calling people selfish,

Which one is in easier?

I only ask if there's a way to revert back the MovieNav.xml behaviour back to Eden

If you don't want to help me that's fine, but don't ignorantly flame people like that.
Yes and with that attitude there would be no scraping because no one would have contributed to themoviedb or thetvdb.
(2013-05-18, 10:23)nickr Wrote:
(2013-05-18, 07:52)denywinarto Wrote:

(2013-05-18, 07:33)nickr Wrote: That's just selfish. XBMC is a community project that relies on other community projects like themoviedb. Perhaps you might like to rethink that attitude.

What the?

Which one is in easier?

Yes and with that attitude there would be no scraping because no one would have contributed to themoviedb or thetvdb.

Another ignorant comment,
You didnt even read my post

Or maybe, do you mind helping me create hundreds of nfo?
if you're not helping then stop posing in this thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show background + fanart on movie folder focus?0