Solved Show background + fanart on movie folder focus?
(2013-05-18, 10:28)denywinarto Wrote:
(2013-05-18, 10:23)nickr Wrote:
(2013-05-18, 07:52)denywinarto Wrote: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Favourites

It depends on your skin i think.
Try going to the settings > Favourites to set it up properly

What the?
I think you should learn thinking from other people's point of view before calling people selfish,
that just shows how immature you are.
Maybe you come from a country where the movies are properly organized,
and there's people working constantly to create metadatas.

In my country we have tons of movies (not to mention Tv shows).
And i have 231 classic movies WITHOUT metadata.
it takes a group effort to organize them

So there are 2 options here :
- Create hundreds, maybe thousands metadata
- Or simply make xbmc display the movies without metadata
Which one is in easier?

I only ask if there's a way to revert back the MovieNav.xml behaviour back to Eden

If you don't want to help me that's fine, but don't ignorantly flame people like that.
Yes and with that attitude there would be no scraping because no one would have contributed to themoviedb or thetvdb.

Another ignorant comment,
You didnt even read my post

Or maybe, do you mind helping me create hundreds of nfo?
if you're not helping then stop posing in this thread.

What you need to realise is that xbmc is designed to work with a functional library. You get that from scraping, either online or via nfo files. Get over it.
nickr just stop posting you aren't helping at all, and your point of view while valid and I am pretty sure denywinarto would agree with that, it's not relevant to this thread. I'm just not sure why you are posting here at all. It is a valid question to ask how to get none scrapped files to display also.

While it is designed to work with a 'functional library' it was also designed not to also. Many people use XBMC for different things.
(2013-05-18, 23:09)nickr Wrote: What you need to realise is that xbmc is designed to work with a functional library. You get that from scraping, either online or via nfo files. Get over it.

Excuse me, but are you the member of XBMC main developer?
Who are you to limit XBMC's capabilities ?

Even if you do, If all developers think like you, then there's no need to develop XBMC any further.
What's the point of developing Gotham then?

With your logic, i can also say this, xbmc is only designed for desktops PCs, no need to develop for tablets.
Yeah, ignorant logic at its best.

I'm posting this because i think it's a step backward for XBMC.

But like i said before, you lack the ability to think from another people's perspective,
You think everybody lives in the same situation as yours

(2013-05-19, 04:54)jesse003 Wrote: nickr just stop posting you aren't helping at all, and your point of view while valid and I am pretty sure denywinarto would agree with that, it's not relevant to this thread. I'm just not sure why you are posting here at all. It is a valid question to ask how to get none scrapped files to display also.

While it is designed to work with a 'functional library' it was also designed not to also. Many people use XBMC for different things.

He won't read this,
Either he's not mature enough to understand other people's situation
or probably he's just trolling
OK lets go back a step here, sorry if I offended anyone, I know I can be blunt.

Without doubt:

1. XBMC is designed to get the best out of with scraped libraries

2. You won't contribute your movies to an online movie database or produce your own NFOs to allow scraping, which I personally regard as a shame, because this is how it will ultimately be fixed, and it contributes to the community. Never mind, looks like you don't want to go there.

3. There are a number of potential ways for you to investigate and/or fix your problem:

(a) revert to a version of XBMC which acts like you want;
(b) submit a bug report (bugtracker link above) (you may of course find that this is a deliberate developer move and they want it that way);
© look at the source code and see if you can work out where the change occurred, and compile your own version with the change removed.
(d) this should probably go first, check a few other skins and make sure it isn't a change to your skin, as opposed to a code change in the heart of XBMC.

EDIT: looking back over the thread I see you have submitted to trac, good on you.

However I am confused (it happens!). You say in your bug report
Quote:In previous version (eden) Focusing in the movie folder shows the fanart, background and all movie informations,
but a the same time you are telling us these movies won't scrape, so where are you getting your "fanart, background and all movie informations".

Cheers, Nick.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I cannot reproduce the issue that OP has.

To test I created three folders and placed movies in them. I scanned them into the library. Then I viewed them from Files View, but not the Library View. I selected the folder and I saw all the metadata (cover, fan art, summary, etc). Movies with metadata showed metadata and not a folder icon.
(2013-05-19, 06:01)nickr Wrote: OK lets go back a step here, sorry if I offended anyone, I know I can be blunt.

Without doubt:

1. XBMC is designed to get the best out of with scraped libraries

2. You won't contribute your movies to an online movie database or produce your own NFOs to allow scraping, which I personally regard as a shame, because this is how it will ultimately be fixed, and it contributes to the community. Never mind, looks like you don't want to go there.

3. There are a number of potential ways for you to investigate and/or fix your problem:

(a) revert to a version of XBMC which acts like you want;
(b) submit a bug report (bugtracker link above) (you may of course find that this is a deliberate developer move and they want it that way);
© look at the source code and see if you can work out where the change occurred, and compile your own version with the change removed.
(d) this should probably go first, check a few other skins and make sure it isn't a change to your skin, as opposed to a code change in the heart of XBMC.

EDIT: looking back over the thread I see you have submitted to trac, good on you.

However I am confused (it happens!). You say in your bug report
Quote:In previous version (eden) Focusing in the movie folder shows the fanart, background and all movie informations,
but a the same time you are telling us these movies won't scrape, so where are you getting your "fanart, background and all movie informations".

Cheers, Nick.

My problem is :
xbmc cannot display metadata when the movie folder is on focus.
It only displays when the movie file is on focus.

(2013-05-20, 04:33)Ned Scott Wrote: I cannot reproduce the issue that OP has.

To test I created three folders and placed movies in them. I scanned them into the library. Then I viewed them from Files View, but not the Library View. I selected the folder and I saw all the metadata (cover, fan art, summary, etc). Movies with metadata showed metadata and not a folder icon.

Hmm that's odd Ned..
My folder is structured like this :

there are several partitions, from P through W
Each of them is structured like this :
P :
- Anime
-- A-E
--- D
---- Despicable Me (2010)
----- Despicable_Me.avi
-- F-J
-- K-O
-- P-T
-- U-Z

I did a recursive scan on A-E folder...
That's how i used to do it on Eden though..

Also, is the clean library function broken now?
I ran it but i still see the metadata after it...

Hold on, I'll record this and put it on youtube
Did you even look in the library view to see if these movies were scanned? I don't care if you don't want to use library view, but you need to look there to see if the metadata was scanned in.

I have no idea what your second question is about.
(2013-05-20, 06:59)Ned Scott Wrote: Did you even look in the library view to see if these movies were scanned? I don't care if you don't want to use library view, but you need to look there to see if the metadata was scanned in.

I have no idea what your second question is about.

Yes, it's scanned in library view.
As for the second question,
It's the "clean library" option in settings > video.
I ran it but it won't clean the metadata...
Clean library removes things from the library when the physical file has been deleted. It doesn't clear metadata if the file is still there.
We do actually have a similar issue.

Basically in this picture below is my movies in file view. They dont show up any metadata unless you click into the folder. It used to in RC2 12.0 frodo. All my movies have that same picture and no description. I dont know where that picture came from. Now the weird thing is. If I go into tv series if either library or file mode it displays the meta data correctly.

This image is of the same thing but in library mode and is working correctly.

It really has stumped me. I even uninstalled, deleted all databases and started completely from scratch other than my advanced.xml which basically just has sql settings in it. Still no go.
Video 
(2013-05-20, 07:20)Ned Scott Wrote: Clean library removes things from the library when the physical file has been deleted. It doesn't clear metadata if the file is still there.

I see, i thought it cleaned metadata as well.

Here's the video :

(2013-05-20, 08:10)jesse003 Wrote: We do actually have a similar issue.

Yep, this is exactly what i meant.. It used to work in previous versions.
Have you checked changelog from RC2 to 12.1?
There might be a change that's related to this.
Any chance you are using local files put there by an external program and not only the xbmc scrapers ?
(2013-05-20, 16:04)Kibje Wrote: Any chance you are using local files put there by an external program and not only the xbmc scrapers ?

You mean if there's any other programs that use the movie files?
I don't think so.. I restarted and repeated the entire process but it's still the same...
No he means are you using local nfo and fanart files.
(2013-05-20, 20:12)nickr Wrote: No he means are you using local nfo and fanart files.

No, i scrapped everything online.
I deleted userdata folder in C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\XBMC\userdata
(except the playlists, guisettings.xml, advancedsettings.xml, sources.xml)
and repeat it, but it's still the same..

But i think it's not completely cleaned,
there's still a dvd box pic on lower left

How exactly do we clean metadata completely?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show background + fanart on movie folder focus?0