Music info disappears off the bottom of the screen
On a similar note, I was messing with my music library last night and found that if going into full screen when playing a song the info disappears off the bottom of the screen. It's the counter of how far into the song and how long the song is that is chopped. Either I need to reduce the size of the timer font, or move all of the text on screen up a little bit, whichever is simplest.

Could you also help me out finding the relevant code for this task please?

Thanks.
This is a known issue, which is on top of my issues to fix for the next version.
See the 'known issues' mentioned in Neon (Frodo Edition) [v2.5.8].
The issue you are referring to is #16.

I think this needs to be changed in MusicVisualisation.xml, so feel free to try modifying it!

You would need to figure out where all the items you see on screen are located in the xml, as well as change all the locations.
It is quite some work and I haven't found the time to do it. If you manage to get it correct, please post your solution here and I'll test and include it.
Thanks for help and thanks for closing/splitting the previous thread.

I'll take a look at the XML file you listed and see what I can do.
My tip would be to add identifiers to every <label> so you can see which object is which.

For instance if an object is defined as
Code:
<control type="label">
          <animation effect="slide" start="1300" end="0" time="700" tween="cubic" easing="out" delay="1000">WindowOpen</animation>
          <animation effect="slide" start="0" end="3000" time="600" tween="cubic" easing="in" delay="800">WindowClose</animation>
          <description>Current time</description>
          <posx>350</posx>
          <posy>103</posy>
          <width>500</width>
          <height>500</height>
          <font>music_time</font>
          <label>[COLOR 60FFFFFF]$INFO[MusicPlayer.Time][/COLOR]</label>
        </control>

change the

Code:
<label>[COLOR 60FFFFFF]$INFO[MusicPlayer.Time][/COLOR]</label>

to

Code:
<label>#001# [COLOR 60FFFFFF]$INFO[MusicPlayer.Time][/COLOR]</label>

and then for the next objectlabel use #002# etc. This helps to identify all the objects when xbmc is restarted, making it a lot easier to know which posx and posy need to be changed.
or you can edit advancedsettings.xml and add :
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<songinfoduration>9999</songinfoduration>
</advancedsettings>
(2013-05-14, 20:40)Steve_ Wrote: or you can edit advancedsettings.xml and add :
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<songinfoduration>9999</songinfoduration>
</advancedsettings>

I thought that was for changing the length of time that the info is displayed on screen following a song change? How will this help when the text is cropped by the bottom edge of the screen?
It will not. - I think he tried to be helpful but hasn't actually looked at the extreme misaligned items in Neon's current music information OSD.
@jj076

I modified the xml, Can you test >> iT << ?
Yes i will. Sorry about that - work has been quite time consuming because I was finishing up a project recently.
Will check it out soon, I've been out of the country for a month, travelling without Internet access!!
I tested it, it looks better but still quite far off from the intended alignment.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music info disappears off the bottom of the screen0