Can't add video source as default for music videos
Hi there. I've posted this on the ACE subforum already but posting here too since I don't think it's a skin issue. I've been trying for the past few days to add an SMB share off my server as my default source for Concerts (music videos) and no matter how I try it doesn't work. It lets me add the share as a source but from my Concerts home item in ACE it doesn't read that there is anything there. When I click on Concerts I'm just taken to a file list view and my Concerts share is listed there so I can click through to my actual videos and play them. But I can't figure out how to have it set up like my Movies and TV shows are where it's actually scraping the content and you have the summary view from the home page of how many videos you have in that section, how many unwatched, and a submenu,etc. All I can do with it now just navigate through this file/folder view with no fanart or metadata like I could with any dumb media player.

I've been over all the help I can find on this several times and the only thing that stands out to me is that the Video library/Adding media sources wiki says that from the main Videos item on the home page (which I have to go back to Confluence to find since ACE doesn't have one) I should be able to click Videos and see "Add Videos" or "Add Source" there, but for me no such button exists on that page. I have to go through Videos > Files or use the context menu through files where removing and re-adding the Concerts share just adds it back to that file list view but won't actually set it as the default for music videos. Is there something about adding a source through Videos directly instead of through Videos > Files that tells XBMC to set it as the default for whatever type of content you're adding? And if so what do I do since I don't have that option?

BTW I've tried this w/3 different music videos scrapers and it's the same result w/each so it doesn't seem to be a scraper issue either. Maybe something in my settings is off or got messed up? I'm nearly out of ideas at this point. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't add video source as default for music videos0