Season Posters in Low List Episode View?
Hey Jingai,

I finally updated to Frodo this last weekend and immediately noticed that season posters are no longer displayed in the Low List (my favorite) Episode view... bummer. Sad

Anyway, I haven't really been keeping up with any of the Eden to Frodo changes but I did a quick search and it appears as if $INFO[Container.SeasonThumb] no longer works in Frodo and that there is no other code to make the season posters work in Episode view. I just wanted to confirm that was indeed the case before I wasted time trying to get the Season posters working again. I will miss them though.

Oh, and I also wanted to say thanks again and great job on Continuing Metropolis This is still mine and my family's skin of choice. They actually looked at me rather meanly when I updated "The Box" and it only had the default Confluence on it. I had to assure them that Metropolis would be returning. Laugh
(2013-05-14, 03:28)Amra Wrote: I finally updated to Frodo this last weekend and immediately noticed that season posters are no longer displayed in the Low List (my favorite) Episode view... bummer. Sad

Honestly I can't remember why it doesn't, but I did try to make that work.. the season posters are really wonky in Frodo. They show up in some places, but not others, even when using the parent infolabels. I couldn't find anything that consistently worked so what you see is what I found that did.

(2013-05-14, 03:28)Amra Wrote: Anyway, I haven't really been keeping up with any of the Eden to Frodo changes but I did a quick search and it appears as if $INFO[Container.SeasonThumb] no longer works in Frodo and that there is no other code to make the season posters work in Episode view. I just wanted to confirm that was indeed the case before I wasted time trying to get the Season posters working again. I will miss them though.

Pretty much my experience too. Sorry Sad

(2013-05-14, 03:28)Amra Wrote: Oh, and I also wanted to say thanks again and great job on Continuing Metropolis This is still mine and my family's skin of choice. They actually looked at me rather meanly when I updated "The Box" and it only had the default Confluence on it. I had to assure them that Metropolis would be returning. Laugh

Every now and again and I feel like I want a change, but an hour later I come back to Metropolis. It's the view types really -- no other skin currently can match Metropolis there Smile

The only view type I think Metropolis is lacking is a good one for presenting a lot of movies on one page. The List types are fine and all, but not snazzy. The Gallery type works, but is pretty typical. I plan to rethink it over the summer. If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear/see them.

For TV Shows, Metropolis wins by a long-shot. Banner & Poster is a view I will never give up Tongue

Hey BTW, since you're back.. and I suck with Photoshop etc.. I've been really wanting a "modern" theme for Metropolis. Was thinking of something high contrast (dark backgrounds, light text). I generally cycle between the Leather, Silk, and Steampunk themes, but it's those times that I want less of the old and more of the new that I think of new skins. I think a modern theme for Metropolis would fill that gap nicely Wink
(2013-05-14, 03:47)jingai Wrote: Every now and again and I feel like I want a change, but an hour later I come back to Metropolis. It's the view types really -- no other skin currently can match Metropolis there Smile
And every now & then I actually think I overdid it with all the views. Blush I tend to just use Low List for all my video views and then the Files view for a few misc things. I'm glad people like the variety though.

(2013-05-14, 03:47)jingai Wrote: The only view type I think Metropolis is lacking is a good one for presenting a lot of movies on one page. The List types are fine and all, but not snazzy. The Gallery type works, but is pretty typical. I plan to rethink it over the summer. If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear/see them.
Yeah, that's a tough one due to the reserved space on the bottom of the screen. About the only thing I can think off the top of my head would be to do something similar to the Landscape view where only one image is in a frame. Maybe three rows of smallish posters (edge to edge, or a minimal gap) with the focused poster centered on screen in a frame. Not sure if it would be easy, or possible, but if the wall of posters moved and the frame stayed fixed then that would be cool.

(2013-05-14, 03:47)jingai Wrote: Hey BTW, since you're back.. and I suck with Photoshop etc.. I've been really wanting a "modern" theme for Metropolis. Was thinking of something high contrast (dark backgrounds, light text). I generally cycle between the Leather, Silk, and Steampunk themes, but it's those times that I want less of the old and more of the new that I think of new skins. I think a modern theme for Metropolis would fill that gap nicely Wink
I don't know if I'm "back" but if I get an itch to do another theme I will gladly tackle that for you. That's the least I can do. Big Grin

Thanks again for the info on the Season posters, I'll learn to live without them. No big deal.
(2013-05-14, 04:10)Amra Wrote:
(2013-05-14, 03:47)jingai Wrote: The only view type I think Metropolis is lacking is a good one for presenting a lot of movies on one page. The List types are fine and all, but not snazzy. The Gallery type works, but is pretty typical. I plan to rethink it over the summer. If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear/see them.
Yeah, that's a tough one due to the reserved space on the bottom of the screen. About the only thing I can think off the top of my head would be to do something similar to the Landscape view where only one image is in a frame. Maybe three rows of smallish posters (edge to edge, or a minimal gap) with the focused poster centered on screen in a frame. Not sure if it would be easy, or possible, but if the wall of posters moved and the frame stayed fixed then that would be cool.

Hmm that's an interesting idea.. I'll keep it in mind this summer Smile

(2013-05-14, 04:10)Amra Wrote:
(2013-05-14, 03:47)jingai Wrote: Hey BTW, since you're back.. and I suck with Photoshop etc.. I've been really wanting a "modern" theme for Metropolis. Was thinking of something high contrast (dark backgrounds, light text). I generally cycle between the Leather, Silk, and Steampunk themes, but it's those times that I want less of the old and more of the new that I think of new skins. I think a modern theme for Metropolis would fill that gap nicely Wink
I don't know if I'm "back" but if I get an itch to do another theme I will gladly tackle that for you. That's the least I can do. Big Grin

I didn't expect you to just jump at it. But you're historically the best at actually making themes for Metropolis, so I figured I'd plant the seed, if nothing else Smile

Kind of an aside, but.. you really did an exceptional job laying out an idea with Metropolis. I've been trying to keep true to your original ideas as much as I can. Which is actually difficult because everyone wants everything and the kitchen sink to appear on the lower-third portion of the screen.. It's taken a lot of thought to maintain the original simplicity of the skin.

I'll continue to do so, and over the summer I'm hoping to focus on optimizing things for size and speed.
Thanks Jingai, I really appreciate stoli and then you finishing it up the way you have. I think it's more your skin now than mine. Wink

Btw, I managed to get the Low List season posters to display in the episode view. It requires a little effort on the users part but seems to be working for me. It basically involved adding an appropriate "poster.jpg" file to each TV season folder on my hard drive & then pointing to that in the xml.

As I said, it requires some effort and is probably not something to add to the master code of Metropolis but if anyone wants me to give more details including the xml changes just let me know & I will post it in this thread. Big Grin
Here's something interesting for you guys to check out. If I use the GIT version of Metropolis (2.6.3 - 2013129) I have the "fallback" image for season posters in low list and episode "info" views. But when I use the official XBMC skin addon (same version number) in Frodo 12.1, I get the proper season folder images!

So, what's different between the official skin and the git? That should give you a place to start....

PS, check out my "Metro" theme.
Thanks, Steve

BTW, I am using a "clean" instal of Frodo 12.1 on Windows 7. (I totally removed all traces of Eden before installing Frodo)
I'll look again soon but I'm sick atm. As far as I remember it's because I pulled out all of the local image fallbacks -- I did thus intentionally because it should all be handled in the database now with Artwork Downloader.

But if I recall correctly it does not populate/expose the season poster in episode views. Instead of working around this in metropolis though it should be fixed in XBMC and/or Artwork Downloader.

But I'll look again at this after I'm well and try to pinpoint exactly where the problem is.
Hope you're feeling better.
skin work can wait...
I think I am having the same problem as the OP. I just updated from Eden 11.0 to Frodo 12.2. All the TV show posters were showing in Eden. After the Frodo update, most do not anymore in Showcase view or any other view with poster art in both Aeon and Confluence. I can manually change it to a poster image under TV Show information but to do them all will take much time.

The issue isn't a problem for movies.

Desktop / Media Server: Win10 x64, ThermalTake Commander G42 case, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Intel Core i5 4460 3.20GHz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX750, CM M 1000w, 8GB GSkill, Samsung SSD 840 Pro 120GB, 2x WD Black 1TB RAID 1, WD 6TB + WD 4TB spanned, single 3TB

Intel NUC with Openelec in TV room.
(2013-06-16, 16:05)Brad P Wrote: I think I am having the same problem as the OP. I just updated from Eden 11.0 to Frodo 12.2. All the TV show posters were showing in Eden. After the Frodo update, most do not anymore in Showcase view or any other view with poster art in both Aeon and Confluence. I can manually change it to a poster image under TV Show information but to do them all will take much time.

I think you replied to the wrong thread; but in any case, you need to run Artwork Downloader. There is a shortcut to download what Metropolis needs in Settings->Metropolis->Scripts/Extras.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Season Posters in Low List Episode View?0