Artwork in their own SEPARATE FOLDERS
I'm just making a slight suggestion but is it possible for the artwork to be put in their own separate folders in the XBMC Database (ie.. Posters, Thumbnails, Fanart, ect... each have there own separate folder). This world make it a hell of a lot easier when looking for a specific image instead of looking through 10's of thousands of images trying to find the right on. Reason I'm asking is cause I am currently looking for some poster art that was downloaded that I would like to delete. I myself have well over 4TB of "single part" (where its only 1 file instead of split into multiple files) files of just Movies and TV; with more then 10,000 images that downloaded for them. I would rather not go through all the images file just to find the very few (in comparison) of files that I want to delete. That and it would be a little better organization wise so when selecting a poster or thumbnail for any file you could just look in those specific folder instead of trying to comb through everything.
Are you talking about the location in cache - removing anything there will not really have a permanent effect as XBMC will just redownload it.

If you want your media files saved next to your video files in the respective folders, just export the library to seperate files.
XBMC will see those local files after content is refreshed manually and will start using them.
He wants all his artwork in a single folder seperated from his media files.
This is not possible for scraping.
The thumbnail folder contains all the artwork stored by their hash name.
You can however use artwork organiser to export the artwork to seperated folders to use them for other purposes.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
As Kibje said you need to export your library in settings/videos this will copy all relevant images into their separate folders.
I have over 7Tb of movies and before I add new movies (which is only the odd new release these days) I download the images and put them in my folder before I scrape it into xbmc.
(I started doing this a while back and serves well but initially exported library to save me a lot of downloading)
Then after scraping new movies (I dont do a full library update anymore as it takes a while - I go into videos/files and select the new movies/tv shows folder and press 'i') - then I run artwork downloader with 'enable local files' box ticked - all works well here. (I have this box ticked because I want to use my artwork stored in my folders first but also download images if any are missing)
If I need to change a piece of art I can do it manually (overwrite an image in the movie folder and refresh the movie) or I can use artwork downloader from the GUI to download from the net.
Finding an image isnt a problem as long as I know what film it is. I can go to the movie folder in question with ease or as I said download from inside xbmc itself to overwrite any images that are not suitable
I hope this helps a bit
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork in their own SEPARATE FOLDERS2