Solved [OSX] Erroneous Video Sources
Frodo Nightlie (April 30): Whenever I download say a nightlie build and save the file to my Downloads directory, that file automatically gets added to XBMC list of video sources. I download nightlies quite frequently so as you can image my video sources list has grown quite large now. I have yet to find a way of deleting the offending items from the list inside of XBMC. Deleting the file themselves does not remove the entries either. They are also not listed in the sources.xml file in my userdata directory. I don't know why they automatically get added to XMBC or how to remove them. Any suggestions?
Could you post a screenshot of what you mean? Its hard to get where exactly those dmg files appear.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
oh wow.

What happens if you use the context menu option to remove one ?

In case 'remove source' does not work on those listings, I guess we would be interested in a debug log (wiki) of you trying to remove one that way.
It would be nice if you could show us your sources.xml anyway please.
(2013-05-15, 01:43)Kibje Wrote: oh wow.

What happens if you use the context menu option to remove one ?

In case 'remove source' does not work on those listings, I guess we would be interested in a debug log (wiki) of you trying to remove one that way.
It would be nice if you could show us your sources.xml anyway please.

Well that's the interesting part...there is no delete option on the context menu so there's no good way to delete it as far as I can tell.
Those are disk images from each nightly build. Mac OS X applications are typically distributed in a disk image, then you copy XBMC over to Applications, then eject the disk. What you are seeing is XBMC automounting all connected disk drives, both real and virtual. I imagine you have a bunch of XBMC disk icons on your desktop. Select them all and move them over the trash icon, which will turn into an eject icon.
(2013-05-15, 02:20)Ned Scott Wrote: Those are disk images from each nightly build. Mac OS X applications are typically distributed in a disk image, then you copy XBMC over to Applications, then eject the disk. What you are seeing is XBMC automounting all connected disk drives, both real and virtual. I imagine you have a bunch of XBMC disk icons on your desktop. Select them all and move them over the trash icon, which will turn into an eject icon.

Yes, those are disk images that I've placed in OSX's default Downloads directory and later deleted after installing by dragging the XBMC icon to Applications icon within a window that pops up. I have no icons on the Desktop and each image gets moved to the trash shortly after each installation.
the disk images are still mounted. Try emptying the trash, and it will give you an error saying that they are still in use.
(2013-05-15, 02:55)Ned Scott Wrote: the disk images are still mounted. Try emptying the trash, and it will give you an error saying that they are still in use.

My trash can is empty. But what you've said made a lot of sense so I started checking around. I found under Devices in Finder all of those images mounted. I went ahead and ejected all of them and they disappeared in XBMC. Thanks for all your help and patience. Please consider this issue closed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OSX] Erroneous Video Sources0