XBMC on Chrome OS
Nice!
If you have a chromebook you will propably know you cannot install KODI on it from the app store and that xbmc has not made a version of kodi for it. There is however a simple way around it. You will need to install Linux on it.. Don`t worry, we`re not going to start deleting chromeos of it or dual booting etc.. with this method ubuntu will run on top of your existing OS and you will be able to switch between the 2 with the press of a button............Instructions below.

https://mx-revolution.com/threads/how-to...-os.60684/
I understand that Google has released some Android apps to be used in the chrome O/S (new Android app called the Chrome APK Packager )
I also read that there is a way to Convert Android Apps to Chrome.....somewhat simple process
wondered if anyone has tried this and if KODI could be converted.......?
(2015-07-17, 23:18)floder2 Wrote: If you have a chromebook you will propably know you cannot install KODI on it from the app store and that xbmc has not made a version of kodi for it. There is however a simple way around it. You will need to install Linux on it.. Don`t worry, we`re not going to start deleting chromeos of it or dual booting etc.. with this method ubuntu will run on top of your existing OS and you will be able to switch between the 2 with the press of a button............Instructions below.

https://mx-revolution.com/threads/how-to...-os.60684/

This link is of no use today. Is there a stable way to use Kodi on a Chromebook today?
LibreELEC will possibly work. It does on a Chromebox.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
What is that and how do you install it? I have been using an Android box and enjoying Kodi very much with all the features I've been finding.
Chromebox (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I think a chrome PC can run Linux then prob. kodi if that helps

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on Chrome OS3