• 2(current)
Is XBMC ever going to work smooth and be user friendly?
(2013-05-15, 18:10)Ned Scott Wrote: This does not spread resources. We have more devs now than we've had before, and they work on what they want to work on. Our cross platform nature actually makes it easier to bring features to multiple platforms without having to do individual platform work. Just like the features, if you tell a dev that they are not allowed to work on iOS because Windows has bugs, then the iOS devs will leave.

Oh, ok, I never thought of it this way, thanks (I'm not a developer).

(2013-05-15, 21:12)sapper6fd Wrote: I've had very few issues with BMC on my system in the past and those I have had were as a direct result of Windows. I will never go back to Windows because of it.

I think most people blame XBMC for problems when in reality its Miro$ofts programming of taking over the main focus of the display for a pop up, or driver support from hardware manufacturers which has been installed on a system that doesn't support it (or is the wrong driver for the hardware).

I recommended XBMC to a friend with a Mac and he loved it, but finally gave up and went back to Plex because he too couldn't get the library updates/scrapers working properly (tried Watchdog and some other add-on but the shows just didn't appear in their folders reliably) so it can't be only MS's fault.

(2013-05-15, 21:21)Prof Yaffle Wrote: Is it troll season already?
So, I'm afraid I don't recognise the software you're talking about.

Good for you, although I'm not sure if you posted in the right thread.. The fact that it crashes for me about 10% of times that I start it up or exit it, and about 20-30% of downloads don't appear in their folders is not trolling just because you don't have the same problems.

Anyway, thanks everyone, good info. And again, I love XBMC and I really appreciate the work everyone's doing. I'm going to look into the scraping and naming thing more closely to find out if I can solve most of the problems that way.
If trolling is the deliberate posting of items which you know to be insulting, contentious or otherwise likely to cause irritated or emotional responses from people, then I would merely point back to your original post, in which you contend that XBMC is not smooth, user-unfriendly, and full of useless features that the developers put in in preference to fixing long-standing bugs.
(2013-05-16, 11:02)Prof Yaffle Wrote: If trolling is the deliberate posting of items which you know to be insulting, contentious or otherwise likely to cause irritated or emotional responses from people, then I would merely point back to your original post, in which you contend that XBMC is not smooth, user-unfriendly, and full of useless features that the developers put in in preference to fixing long-standing bugs.

Not quite sure what your problem is... Are you saying that I'm lying about having these problems or something? Or just that one can't voice his opinion about the software and it's problems on these forums? It's too bad if you feel insulted or contentious, but frankly, you don't seem like a very important person, and the developers didn't seem to be too hurt, I did say after all how I like the program very much.
(2013-05-16, 11:59)wenjiang207 Wrote: It's learned that Geniatech will release quad core android box in this May, How about this ATV1800, Has anyone got quad core box sample from Geniatech?

Why are you asking that in this thread?
Xiii, you are certainly welcome to insult the software, so long as you recognize that non-constructive comments are unlikely to get positive replies. But please don't insult other users. This is just a warning, but if you keep down that road, a ban is in your future.
(2013-05-16, 12:18)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-05-16, 11:59)wenjiang207 Wrote: It's learned that Geniatech will release quad core android box in this May, How about this ATV1800, Has anyone got quad core box sample from Geniatech?

Why are you asking that in this thread?

Hes a spammer. Just pushing up his useless posts until he can start posting links.
HTPC - i3-3240 Processor | Asus P8H77-I Mobo | 8 GB PC3 12800 DDR3 | 60 GB SSD | Windows 8.1 w/ XBMC Frodo
NAS Server - Dual Xeon E5440 Quad Core | 32 GB DDR2 ECC | 4 X 2TB Western Digital RED | RAIDz | FreeNAS
I agree with Xiii. Stability is important, or users will drop it. That being said, I also understand the developers, who think it’s more fun to ad new features than to bug hunt.

I also wish it was possible to donate money for windows development specifically, and also for a specific skin. I don’t want to fund pain in the ass Apple trolls and hipsters.
This thread doesn't seem to be going well. just saying.
99% of the problems in XBMC are due to outside addons. Use at your own risk.
(2013-05-16, 17:31)locoguano Wrote: 99% of the problems in XBMC are due to outside addons. Use at your own risk.

true but 99% of the reason to use XBMC is for those addons Smile or else we would turn to other free software. But in all seriousness, XBMC is great and i wouldnt trade it in for anything else at the moment...been on since Dharma and havent looked back. I dont mind the bugs here and there and grown accustom to them and have always found an answer on the forum to either fix it or work around it.

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
(2013-05-16, 17:39)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2013-05-16, 17:31)locoguano Wrote: 99% of the problems in XBMC are due to outside addons. Use at your own risk.

true but 99% of the reason to use XBMC is for those addons :) or else we would turn to other free software. But in all seriousness, XBMC is great and i wouldnt trade it in for anything else at the moment...been on since Dharma and havent looked back. I dont mind the bugs here and there and grown accustom to them and have always found an answer on the forum to either fix it or work around it.

I use xbmc 99% of the time without any addon. There isn't anything else that would provide me with the same
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn you dont count Tongue

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
(2013-05-15, 15:38)xiii Wrote: the library updates are very unreliable, meaning I can rarely find the new TV shows or movies from the "recently added" thing on the home screen or even from TV Shows or Movies folders, which use TVDB/MovieDB.

Install the Library Watchdog addon. Maybe this will rekindle your subtle love for XBMC.
I'll say this. I've been using XBMC for the last 18 months and I'm finally happy with every setup in the house to the point where I've not felt the need to tinker for the last couple of weeks as feel I everything is just as I want it (touch wood). Although I've had my fair share of issues with the program, I've mostly found that the issues I had we're down to things outside of the program i.e. my own stupidity. If you simply want something to play your media on almost any platform you'll get on fine with the minimum of effort, however if you want the bells and whistles you're going to have to put the work in, and I thank the team members and the community for that because I've learnt so much because of it.
(2013-05-16, 18:18)cruse Wrote:
(2013-05-15, 15:38)xiii Wrote: the library updates are very unreliable, meaning I can rarely find the new TV shows or movies from the "recently added" thing on the home screen or even from TV Shows or Movies folders, which use TVDB/MovieDB.

Install the Library Watchdog addon. Maybe this will rekindle your subtle love for XBMC.

I have it installed, but it didn't do anything to the problem.

(2013-05-16, 16:48)natethomas Wrote: Xiii, you are certainly welcome to insult the software, so long as you recognize that non-constructive comments are unlikely to get positive replies. But please don't insult other users. This is just a warning, but if you keep down that road, a ban is in your future.

I'm sorry if you feel that I insulted the software, I was just posting an honest opinion about the software I use myself every day too, and with which I'm sure many people agree (all my IRL friends that use XBMC). And, I'm not sure if you missed it, but Prof Yaffle blamed me twice of trolling and lying, which I will not accept.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is XBMC ever going to work smooth and be user friendly?4